I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week 77 In Ft. Lauderdale....

March 23. 2015

Well it was another great week, We were able to participate in the Baptism and confirmation of the son of our most recent convert, adding another individual to the ward and beginning the process for unifying this family for eternity. Both are now preparing to go to the temple to the the baptism for their late son, J***, the father will stand in for baptism and the other son will stand in for the confirmation. They are also excited to get the missionaries to visit their family that is still in Haiti. The whole family is excited about the gospel. This week we have already set plans to take them out to teach with us.

We still have plans to baptize a potential of 4 more this month, we have a very solid lady "Serette" who is preparing to be baptized this Saturday and a potential of 3 on the 31st. And we are going to do everything possible to make that happen. We are also actively looking to find people for April as well.

When it comes to my studies I have learned a lot about the importance of commitment to your own goals and dedication towards achieving them. There's a talk that I read called "The word is Commitment" and it talks about how we can do anything, that is given, Christ's Atonement affords that for us, but it is up to us to make the thing we desire our main priority and do everything that we can to achieve it. IF you want to baptized THEN you will do all that is possible to make it happen. The thing to remember is that it doesn't happen always on your time frame. You have to keep enduring and doing all that is possible and it will come.
I think that's a thorough update... But just so you know, time move very regularly mother. Just because you got a letter, does not mean that time will move more quickly there is still a LONG time ahead of you...
This week was AFROarts festival on Saturday night... lets just say the Hood came out to play. We were stuck in a traffic jam for 15 minutes right next to a G-whip bumpin music louder than imaginable with ghetto girls in booty shorts blockin our way. They couldn't hear my horn over the music! It was a so funny. But sad. Anyway that's



a little glimpse of Belle Glade.
Stay Strong, Push On

Elder Parque

No comments:

Post a Comment