March 17, 2015
March 17, 2015
 |
| Burning the fields. |
This was a great week! Every week is, but this one stands out. We
baptized Brother N***! It was a great little service and the spirit was so
high. And we visited with him yesterday and he was telling us about how much he
has changed and you could see in his face how different he is! Also during the
service his son asked if he could be baptized as well as so now we are teaching
him, and one of our dates that had to be postponed came and said she felt bad
that she was not baptized Saturday as well and that nothing was going to stop
her from being baptized this Saturday. We are very excited.
I went on an exchange with Elder K******* and we were talking about what
success is as a missionary and we determined that you are successful if you can
still feel the spirit. Alma 8:14-15 talks about this Alma was dejected and not
seeing "worldly success" but as he left is was obvious that he was
doing everything right or else he would not have been able to qualify for the
visit from the Angel.
Our area is doing well we have several more dates for this weekend and next and
we are already setting dates for the 11th of April as well! We are VERY
excited.
On a less missionary related note, I have coerced one of the
Elders in the apartment to be my personal trainer and help me loose weight. He
showed me some stats and now I know I need to increase my protein intake and he
has RAMPED up my work outs... Imma look good.
 |
| legim |
Part of the reason I need to loose weight is because... Haitian
food. I told you Latin food was greasy and fatty... Haitian take it to a whole
new level... pics to come. The Picture I am sending is of a meal called legim
they make a HUGE pot at the beginning of the week and eat it through out the
week. Take every vegetable you can imagine and some that you haven't seen yet
and boil it in a pot for 3 hours. shred it up. add some boiled meat and almost
a whole bottle of oil. and simmer for another few hours until its nice and
thick. Also the meat is chopped with bone in so there is a TON of bone shards
all over.... NO BUENO... Pa Bon menm... pics will follow!
Of course on the day my companion and I are to give Zone Training,
I have food poisoning... Yay! And of course President is coming and I can't
really reschedule this... so I grab a bottle of ginger ale and pepto for the
ride to the training and prayed that all goes well... I took a swig of pepto
right before the training and put on a big smile and tried not to fall over
during the training and you know what! I made it God really helped me out I was
able to be on the ball all through the training and then as soon as it was over
boom sick again. But President said he ""Loved"" our
training.
AND YUP that's about it!!
Stay Strong Push ON!!
Elder Parque!
p.s.
I will get my bike from the office next Tuesday...
Conversation:
Elder: And
I will inform you that NO one is transferring, in fact in my whole zone of 14 1
elder is leaving... kinda boring!
Me: Are you staying as Zone Leader?
Elder: yes...
bleh
Me: Lol! My
condolences!
Elder: This
whole "leadership" stuff is so over rated. Especially when there are a
few that don't like authority figures.
Me: I do feel
for ya. It is hard, there are always going to be some people that either don't
like you or don't like how you lead or just don't like being lead. But, then
you get some who are so grateful and so appreciative. When you get those it is
worth all the other crap.
Just in the
last week I have gotten an email from one and an IM from another
crewmember. They both left my team this last shift bid. They wanted to let me know
how much they appreciated that I showed such caring for them, but also held
them accountable for their actions. That, right there, makes it worth it.
You may not
get that yet, but don't be discouraged. President Richardson has faith in you.
Follow his example.
Elder: Yeah I know. And I am doing my best to really help out everybody.
I don't know what president sees but I am trying to see it too!
but
I REALLY thought that I would train this transfer!!! I am one of the OLDEST
missionaries sin-hijo!
Me: Have you
let him know you are interested in training? Maybe he is saving your last 12
weeks for trainer as your "last hurrah"...
Elder: Oh
he knows I want to train... I think he counts my 2 with E. W****** and 2 with
E. B**** as training... haha But he knows, I let him know. He probably is saving
it, I just think that's mean to a greenie but oh well, we will see what happens.
Me:Why is that
mean? Because you aren't focused and a bit trunky?
Elder: a greenie would be taking me on my final day to transfers while he still has 2 years
ahead of him that's a psychological mind
game that nobody wants... but we will see.
Me: So, if no
one in your house is getting transferred, do you still go to the zone meeting?
Elder: nope.
and that means you need to send a bottle of jam.
Me: Haha! I can
do that! Peach, strawberry or pear?
No comments:
Post a Comment