Hola!
It's going great here! And I love hearing about all of the
things going on at home.
I can't believe that that it’s been 4 weeks! We´ve been
joking that we think we are in limbo! Because time is not real here! The hours
are super short the days feel long until they're over and the weeks have flown
by! That’s a month! I can´t even believe it!
Mama!
You are totally right! Teaching me to do laundry, cooking etc. was genuis! (I have been waiting years to hear that!) I don't really cut the Elder’s hair just fix the trim and the side burns. I really hate my hair cut, as soon as I can in Florida I´m getting new cut! Anyway Kim will come down and meet me there?
Tell the ***** family that the Church has their own well
(water) that they sanitize and filter. The food here is just fine. The only
time people really get sick is when they convince a worker to bring them street
tacos. They also give everyone those filtered water bottles if he is really
worried and they have water coolers with the jugs from Coca-Cola so it’s all
safe.
I broke my watch so it would be nice if you could send one
of those to Florida. I bought one here
for 120 pesos that’s like 10 dollars and it feels like it. It cuts the back of
my hand and the band is already falling apart, I bought it on Monday. The watch
broke because when we were walking home in the rain, I stepped in a hole and
because my wrist is shrinking for some reason the watch was on the inside of my
wrist when I fell it shattered the glass, it still ticks, I just can’t see it.
So, how have you been doing? Great! We´ve started to get
into a real groove. On Tues, Thurs and Sat we get up a half hour early and go
for a run... I hate it and am always sore now! I have figured out a new way of
studying that I think is helping a TON!! Life is goin pretty good. I have
gotten the most real letters! So that’s a plus!
Are you and your companions
behaving? What kinds of things do you do to relax or lighten things up a bit? Well, we always behave. (Yeah,
right…) But to relax we talk about things and joke around. I kinda am
lucky, I have at least a small connection to each of them, one likes cars,
another hunting, another horses, and there’s sports which I like, I’m just not
good at, and ones an artist and another is big into technology. So I'm pretty
lucky. I have found that the most calming thing for me is writing, that’s never
happened before but I really enjoy it! I have a bunch of other stories that I
have written out that I’m mailing you once I get back to the states. I just don’t
have time to type them all!
Have you been feeling well? Yeah I had a slight cold
come on but kicked it in the butt pretty quick.
What did President Anderson
have to say? You said that he sent you a letter. He told us not to come for
another month. Because our teachers told him we didn’t know enough Spanish. NO,
it was just telling us what to expect when we get there and are picked up. We
will go on a tour and then we will have dinner with him and his wife. He told
us how excited they were to meet us and what not.
Is it still raining every
day? YES
EVERYDAY 5-6:30 is when it starts and it doesn't stop until we get home. Then
it picks up around 12:30am and stops by morning. I bought a 5 peso sombrillo
and that 'works' but I should have packed a rain jacket!
La lluvia. The Rain.
In Utah I thought I knew what rain was... I remember floods
and I remember rain showers in the Uintas and I experienced a pretty crazy set
of rain storms this summer (nothing like what I hear went on with Garret and
Grandpa) But, I never remember it raining so hard and so consistently! You can
almost set your watch by it, it starts raining at like 5:30pm every day! and it
pours! And I know that it’s probably nothing compared to the rain and
hurricanes that I will most likely see in Florida, but DANG! You can be BAKING
in the sun at like 3 and there’s not a cloud in the sky then WOOSH there’s the
rain and you have to hunker down! It’s worse than Cats and Dogs more like Cows
and Horses! The sidewalk becomes a river and the lawns a lake! The pot holes
become a hole straight into the deepest darkest bowels of the earth! I fell
into one of those terrible holes on Saturday, broke my watch and dirtied a pair
of pants so bad even a hobo would tell me they are dirty! But see we´ve
developed a game out of the rain, see form 5:15-5:45 we have transition time
and that’s a blast because we get to watch people run from class to class. What
we like to do is help them chose their route, you try to convince them that a
bad route is a good route and for every shout or squeal from the Hermanas you
get a point. I felt kind of bad because I convinced a Hermana to take a
terrible route that looks easy but the river crossing it is the widest and
deepest one. Let’s just say something in the river tripped her... (SHAME
on him! Hehehe)
So I thought I would offer a little advice to the next
Generation of CCM attendees!
1. Bring an Umbrella or rain jacket, don't let your Mom
convince you that you should buy one when you get out in the field, you can do
that but bring one too. And I know it seems like a no brainer “duh Elder Parque
it rains use and umbrella” but NO, ITS IMPORTANT have it with you at all
times! No cheapy Walmart ones either! I
have gone through 3 of those already. The wind picks up, boom, broke. You open
it to many times, boom, broke! Bring something decent.
2. Get some good shoes that are either tall or have some
sort of water proofing... and Hermanas! just take those silly little flats off
and walk bare foot! I so wish I was that lucky. The Hermanas that try to walk
in their little flats always loose them in the puddles!
3. Bring a 'dry clean kit' I bought one off a kid that was
leaving because he said he had extra. You get mud all up and down your pants or
skirts, you can only do laundry once a week and I only have 6 pairs of pants.
4. The Final tip is just for the Elderés, tuck those silk
ties in! I have seen too many ruined because of the rain! 6 in my district have
been destroyed!
And I don´t know, maybe in the next couple weeks after I’m
gone it will dry up, but that is what I wish I knew!
Praying for you always,
Elder Park
No comments:
Post a Comment