Wahoo! 2 emails again in one day! I have merged them in to one for easier reading. Sounds like he is doing great.
Hello All!
Things have been going pretty good this week
other than I lost my notebook with my stories and letters I was writing you.
We've had a lot of really great devotionals, today at the temple I actually
understood a lot more and its been going pretty good. I withdrew a good chunk of
money last night because I was purchasing some scripture cases from a worker
here that makes them by hand and I didn't know how much to grab, I still have
most of it. When I get them I'll send you pictures because he does some sweet
work. I'm hoping to get on the computer once more today after I actually write some stuff, its
hard to waste time thinking on the computer. I never heard from Miles,
just Brock btw
It's good to see the
pictures of you guys and it means a lot to hear from you, I've gotten 2 DearElders from grandma and grandpa and 1 from my mission president. This week me and my companion have gotten along
better and we seem to have picked up a good study routine. We have listened to
4 Elder Holland talks in the past week... I hear him in my dreams!
Life here has been getting a lot easier I've started just
focusing on my studying, the lessons, and praying. If all I do is the best I
can do, its the best I can do.
You're totally right Mom, the Hermana's flirt a lot, but so do
the Elders. In fact I was asked by my zone leader to have a talking with a
couple of my elders, because they can't text, they thought a good substitute was
writing notes. Well word got spread and they were writing like everybody notes
and drawing alot of attention. I asked if ear flicking was a good way of
training and the Branch President said NO. I think that it's just habits that
hasve to die, Hermanas are used to trying to find a missionary, and the Elders
are used to flirting with cute Mormon girls, and there are A LOT of those here!
The Elders in my district have taken to calling me 'Elder
Madre' because I'm always prepared and know how things need to be done. I'm the
only one who hasn't used my Tide Pen and I had to teach a lesson on how to do
laundry. Not to mention my sissors and tape and what not have come in handy
numerous times! Originally the name was 'Elder Eagle' but that got shot out
when they had me fix all of thier neck lines after we got hairccuts ( I'll tell
you about that next week)
Another thing thats crazy here is the time thing, I'm pretty
sure this is limbo. The days drag on but the time here just flies by! It
really feels like I just barely wrote home and that was a week ago! I
can't believe I'm halfway done! I just barely got here!
But all in all things are shaping up and I'm having a ton of
fun, Elder *** and I have become pretty great friends this week and I
think that has helped with my sanity a little. But I love and miss all of you and
again I won't believe the truck picture till i see one with both of them in it! You
guys don't know how great it is to hear from home!
LOVE ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment