Mosquito Hunting, its a sport here. You get 1 point for every kill and extras for style You lose all your points for a broken window, there's been a couple of those. At the end of every day you better have roughly 300 points. If not you, have failed your companions, because that means that there are still 250 or more out there to eat them. Espeacially my Hawaiian companion, they love the hawiian punch in his blood. But the other day the hunt was on. Some one had left a window open and there were like 300 mosquitos in the classroom. We all scored a ton of points! But there was one left after about 20 minutes. This one was crafty, we couldn't get it! Elders were diving over desks and attempting back flips smacking walls and all aroung going ape. The Hermanas were watching in terror, the maitenance guys were placing wagers and the security was wondering what to do. The commotion was one for the books! Then... It... All ... Stopped. No one had killed it yet, no one was bitten, NO ONE knew where it was. The cazo was on... the exact opposite was happening now. No one was moving, no one was breathing, we were listening for something quieter and more sinister than even a pin dropping. We were listening for the eire sound of the buzzing of the wings of a creature thats only purpose is to suck the life juices out of other creatures and infect the innocent with diseases as foul as the breath of my companion. We were trying to hear the sound of the mosquitos wings and that was when I heard it. Right next to my ear... I should take a moment that to say I had taken the liberty of killing many a mosquito at the expense of my companions arms and shoulders and it was common knowledge you must sacrifice ones self for the greater good, that is why it was too late... I had no choice but to let it happen, the micro demon was in my ear and it must be killed, I knew it was comming and ...BAM!! I got boxed in the ear by a 6'6'' brick of a kids frying pan hand and that is why I only understand half of the spanish I hear.
Always in my prayers,
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment