I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

O My G'Ness We Got 2 More Emails Today! (1)

Breakfast
At breakfast there is normally 2 dishes. one thats some inidentifiable mixture of eggs, cheese, fruits and meat (normally hot dogs). The other is somthing similar to pancakes or waffles just crunchy... I normally get the meximash, but thats not the exciting part. The next thing in the line is the sweet bread lottery. They have these big bins that they fill with different pastery like breads, they only make about 10 of each. These bins are about 4 feet long 2 feet wide and 8 inches deep. Some of the bread is delicious, some tastes like normal bread they have mashed out and coated in sugar and some is like eating chalk. but the exciting thing is they are NEVER the same. The one that was good yesterday is terrible today its like they change the shapes or something! The other variable is that you never know when it will be a new bucket you get to choose from or pick through bucket with only rock biscuts in it. This creates a very competitive breakfast line. You either want to be first or you want to wait it out and when the buckets almost empty, jump in line and hope they swap it before you get there. But then when you try that you gotta facter in the HERMANA factor... this is a new math category that somethimes can ruin your day and other times make it. See you have to take the # of people in front of you and double it but subtract 3 because Hermanas get to go to the front of the line when ever they want and they normally gang up and all go together just when you get to the front. If there is an athletic or ´pretty´ boy ahead of you, they will wait for him to go through and then go right behind him so they can see where he sits. So you try to negotiate getting right in front of him. Then you have to watch for the guys that take 2 breads everyone glares at that guy because there is an unwritten rule you take 1, then if you want another you go back through again. So thats the stress that starts the day.
I hope this answered some of your food questions.
Love you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment