I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week Two At The MTC (CCM).....

Lucky again, I happened to log on my laptop this morning to see about what time Elder Park had sent his emails last week, so I would be sure to be watching for them. Low and behold, while I was looking at them, a new one popped in! I love when we have that little voice telling us to do something and we listen to it!

We are still waiting for pictures, hopefully soon.
OK, so now he has explained why his punctuation and English skills have been lacking, I will forgive him on this one!

Hello,


This week started out pretty hard, but every thing is starting to shape up. My comp has gotten comfortable here, he kinda treats it like scout camp. Now, I'm not saying I don't like joking around, just not all the time. I really need to learn the language!!! BUT, I am beginning to figure out how he works and what my responsibilities are. I've realized for all the faults I find in him he also finds some in me.


The only problem is still the Spanish, but think I am improving. I now have a senior trainer that's making a ton of difference and is REALLY helping. He says its because he wants me to convert his girlfriends family in Spanish. I can almost always have a conversation when they start it, because it helps me figure out what words they want me to use. Its hard to just figure out what to say, but I'm working on it. I'm sorry my grammar and spelling is terrible, but these keyboards are in Spanish too! It's so weird and I'm starting to think in the Spanish grammar, all back words and stuff! (I have been correcting most of his errors-Jan)
My progressing investigator Manuel, has really been our PM instructor, he has helped a ton with figuring out the patterns of the language. I really like his methods, I'm not saying I don't love Hermana ***, but she is a native speaker and its harder to learn from her even though that's how we should be learning.


Any way, by the time I'm out I should be pretty good at soccer and volley ball!

I am living in a casa. There are 5 rooms in a casa and 1 bathroom in each, 4 people to a room which is better than the dorms where there is 6 to a room and 1 bath to a floor of 6 rooms. The food is cafeteria Mexican for lunch which is the BIGGEST meal and normally fake American for dinner. I'm going to write you a whole thing on breakfast its a little crazy.

My testimony has grown so much, I have the firmest belief in prayer and that the LORD answers them.I know that the message we have needs to be spread to everyone and it means the most to me right now. I'm doing alright now, I've got everything sorted out! I'm gonna try sending you some pictures later. 

LOVE you tons.



Always in my prayers
Elder PARK


No comments:

Post a Comment