I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Friday, July 3, 2015

Week 90 In Ft. Lauderdale....

June 22, 2015

Hey, there!

I would like to start by expressing my gratitude for some people right now, these guys have taught me some of the most important lessons in my life and I never knew it. I realize now, that when ever I was around them I had an urge to be better, and they always pushed my to be better. They are some of the best examples of Men that I could ask for. From them I learned Hard-Work, Dedication, Honesty, Love, how to listen to the Spirit, Charity, and so much more. And I have been so ungrateful of them. Here I have seen families that are missing examples like them, I've seen the advantage that I had, and how much harder it is for families that don't have such examples. I know that I could have been more grateful for my blessings. So I want to say thank you to the 3 strongest men in the world, the 3 coolest, the 3 best examples I have, My Dad, and My Grandpas. I love them and hope I can become even half of any one of them. Happy Father's Day!!

In light of Father's day I did some studying on the Priesthood! You I learned that Fatherhood is a form of stewardship, that is why the bishop is the "father of the congregation" and so forth until the Prophet. The Priesthood it the right to be an authorized father, or leader in Christ's Church. The Aaronic Priesthood is like the learners Permit, it prepares you to receive God's authority to guide his work, then comes your probationary period, or your mission or other callings in the priesthood when you receive the Melchizedek, these help you understand more about the Authority and responsibilities that you have. Then if you would like you can submit for a commercials driving license (aka family) I will wait on that one. This also lead to a study of the patriarchs. And the lead to me getting lost in the old testament and learning that Ephraim will crown the others and that there will be a temple built in  Jersualem where the son's of Aaron will worship. And learning that a Patriarchal Blessing is way cooler that I imagined, and that the whole lineage things really awesome and that its personal scripture and all that! So pray about getting your Patriarchal Blessings or read them again!!

Anyway this week we met some funny people, not cool just funny one guy told me I need to buy an apartment to rent out because I knew how to do the basic plumbing and electric... I just helped him switch out a broken light switch and tighten a faucet... He thinks I am a genius...but he is adamant that he is agnostic, which is kinda an oxymoron... Adamant that you can't be adamant that there is a God... But as we walked away he shouted out to us "but I am not atheist!" So that was pretty funny. We also met a dude with a tattoo 1 only 1 but it was on his face, and it was a cat nose and mouth on his nose and mouth... weird.

Hmm. That's all that I can think about talking about, we had a ward party yesterday, and the branch has unanimously decided that I must marry a Lamanita, they say if I don't it will waste my Spanish and I will never get good food again! There are a little less unanimous about which country she should be from but so far it looks like Peru, Ecuador, or Colombia. We will see what happens!! haha. 

Any way stay strong and push on!!!

Elder Parque!!


No comments:

Post a Comment