I have met some people here that I know I was supposed to meet and
that I am here to help come closer to our Heavenly Father. This week was an
incredible week here for us in the Belle Glade area. We left the Zone
Conference with full intentions of finding a family. But by the end of the
day... we found 3 and those 3 lead us to others. We are working with 1 J*** family (7 in total Father, Mother, and children) that are very excited about
the Gospel and have had many encounters with "Mormons" before. We are
also teaching 2 other "J***" families all Haitian and none related.
(I find that weird). But then we are also teaching 2 English families (mom and
dad need to get married) but they are wonderful as well. The interesting thing
about all of these families is that they have been leading us to others to
teach! And the "investigator pool" is filling its self.
I also really love the members here in Belle Glade they all have their own
quirks and plans for missionary work but they all are trying their best. Bro.
P****** and I have really gotten along. He is the new 2nd Counselor in the
Branch Presidency and he is really stepping up to the plate and trying to do his
very best. He asked me to help him review the words for a Melchizedek
Priesthood Ordination, and he has been following up with us on our
investigators that he has taught with us!
This week in my studies I was really trying to figure out what I am really here
for. I couldn't help but notice that some of the same difficulties I was having
last transfer in the Okeechobee/Vero Beach District were happening here in the
Zone as well, so I know that I have been prepared to do this, but I was
wondering what makes me unique and why I was sent here. And it dawned on me. I
can help because I have served in similar area, I know that I am in Belle Glade
to Find, teach and Baptize. But I am here in the Royal Glades Zone to TEACH how
to do those things and most importantly how to TEACH to be responsible and
active in the F, T, B, RT, and RA effort. And I realized as I looked over my
personal performance this month I realized that I was lacking and therefore my
stewardship did as well. I was focused on things that were unimportant and
unrelated and indulgent. I indulged in the fact that I didn't understand the
language, that I was new to the area, that I didn't know how to Zone Lead. And
there for my stewardship indulged in similar things. So I committed that this
month is going to be different that I am going to take a more active role and
step up.
When it comes to birthday things all went well. I got the package
on my birthday we had to go to wellington as well so we ate at Buffalo Wild
Wings it was real good. then as we were proselyting another Investigator family
invited us in to have dinner with them! And as we did we found more and more of
them were excited about the gospel, 7 of them in total!! I really enjoyed the
ties and the brownies I will send a pic next week because my camera is in Belle
Glade and I am in Wellington. There wasn't too much that was super special
about my birthday, but it is a birthday I will never forget!
This week we also had a Zone conference and it went really well!
Pres. trained on Preach My Gospel and the APs trained on finding and working
with only the elect. and there were some real improvements throughout the
mission because of it. The training was a real faith booster and was sorely
needed. I have seen some definite changes in the mission culture just in my
time here. Both for the good and for the worse. But I know that we will
continue to improve if we still keep on listening to our leaders.
Well I want to bear you all my testimony that I know that this is
the Lord's work and that it is up to all of us to help it move along! I know
that Jesus Christ lived and still lives for us to improve and change. And I
know that we can live with him. And I say this in His name, Jesus Christ's
amen.
I love you all
Stay strong, push on
Elder
Parque
No comments:
Post a Comment