The
week of O (zero)
This
week we brought O people to sacrament, O is sad when you see it in 1 area but worse in a District
and even worse in a Zone. And that's what happened this week O investigators at
sacrament for an entire zone! This causes for some serious introspection, and a
real search as to why this happened, could it be that we were un-worthy? Were
we lazy? Did we not do everything possible? It really makes you wonder...
But
then you realize... There was no sacrament this week! and you feel A LOT better!
phew!
This
week we had stake conference, which means as most y'all know that there was no
sacrament service. Stake conference has always been... not my favorite... it's
long... boring... old stake people are talking... But as a missionary my view
has changed! Stake conference is awesome! Why? Because I have served in this
same stake my entire mission so far! I knew people in 3 out of the 5 units
that actually met there! AND THEY ALL LOVE ME!!! Hermana R**** from Blue Lagoon
brought Balleadas to give to us! WHAT!? She brought food for a missionary
that she hasn't seen in upwards of 8 months! What a lovely lady! I also saw
D***********, I am not sure if you will remember that name he was the 1st
baptism of my mission, he is now ASSISTANT WARD MISSION LEADER has the Melchizedek Priesthood and in the middle of October will be arriving at a year of being a
member and GO TO THE TEMPLE!!! and I am invited to attend with him! and so is
Elder L***. I cannot even tell you how excited this makes me! I was SO happy I
was practically giggling inside! (they have permission from Pres Richardson to join him!)
The
Stake Conference was focused almost solely on the Temple and it was cool to see
how they asked different people from different stages in life to speak, 1 soon
to be missionary, and RM, a recently sealed to her husband lady, the Temple
Pres, and Stake pres and so on.
Our
MMA fighter and Master Chef are awesome and are making steady progress towards
this weekend! She is actually looking for White Clothing because she is afraid
that what we have won't fit and will be too see through, which is probably
true, and she says that she's bringing lots of family and doesn't want to worry
about that sort of stuff, the way she talked about it really reminded me of how
my Mom talks, if any of you know her she is border line inappropriate. Anyway...
They are set on making this happen! And she is already making friends with
ladies in the ward that like disaster preparation, and what not and they
are talking about starting a preparation class its cool, she's already
acting like a ward member!
I
got a real hair cut!!
The
barber school here does $3 haircuts on Friday... they are FAR better that our
own but a LONG way from Kim!
 |
| Buckets of Rain |
 |
The floating highway from the mainland to
Key Largo. The Atlantic Ocean is on the
left, the Gulf of Mexico is on the right. |
We
had to make a trip to Largo this week to visit some referrals and Less-actives,
when we left it was bright and sunny, but about half way there, it DUMPED on
us... and you can't turn back until you are there. Once you are there, you
can't waste miles and go home so you have to work through it. So, we did, to little success. But it was enjoyable to work in
the rain.
 |
| Crazy Storm! |
 |
| Gulf of Mexico |
 |
| Atlantic Ocean |
 |
| Marsh in the Gulf |
 |
...
YES we did and I know what ya mean now mmmmm
|
Oh! I bought you real Key Lime
juice so that you can make real Key Lime pie! then I got home and found out it
was from concenrate and had a funny additive so it isn't pure... BUT KEY LIME
PIE!!!! I know you love it. I have told him since before he left Utah to make sure that when he gets to The Keys, he gets himself a Choc Dipped Frozen Key Lime Pie. He finally did!!
 |
There happens to be Nerf Gun Wars in the Missionary Home. The ammo tends to hide in pockets, to be found at odd times. |
Anyway...
LOVE Y'ALL
Stay
Strong, Push ON!!
ELDER
PARQUE
No comments:
Post a Comment