I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 50 In Ft. Lauderdale....


Let me start this letter by stating that Elder W****** is Bat-Crap-Crazy... and I love it. He is AWESOME.


This week has been fun! LOTS of amazing things going on an lots of beautiful souls!! I thought I would let you know about the Beautiful baptism of 9-year-old C***-M**** P****, She has to be one of the brightest girls that I know... Second only to my beautiful sister. We have been trying to get her baptized for a few weeks now, a majority of her family are members so it wasn't hard it was just timing, getting the family active and not just baptizing her and releasing her! At her baptism there was a wonderful spirit. It was funny because as she got it the water she kinda froze... it wasn't cold, she just got nervous. So I kinda had to pic her up and position her and she just kinda tipped over like a board. When she came out still just as stiff as a rod, she said afterwards that it was because as she got it the water she remembered that she had forgotten her towel.

This week I think that we met the most unique couple I have ever met in my life. About a month ago we received a referral that sounded awesome. Basically it said I want to be baptized and sealed to my husband, I know this process takes a year and I want to get started. We tried to set something up but she told us that her husband was out of town and that he would be back in a few weeks. And so this week we go and meet them, he is a member. As we walk in we a greeted by a giant of a man, 6 foot 9. And as we start to get to know them, we learn that after high school he went to an open try-out for the Marlins... and made it... they started him in AAA to start, pitched a great season and just before his first game the next season, he threw the ball funny to his niece and messed his elbow up. He decided that meant it was time for him to go to school, but in school he got involved in MMA... And that is want he does now as a living... He makes a living fighting and teaching Mixed Martial Arts. That's incredible right! His wife has just as incredible of a story! She tried out for Master Chef last season and made it to the last 100 out of thousands, and was asked to be on this season that starts in October... Lets just say that I have NEVER tasted a more flavorful Chicken Parm in my life! The food we ate there changed my life... And she plans to feed us each time we come over... Let's just say this family is going to become a life long friend... and I may not come back to Utah... Not Funny!! I will drag him back, kicking and screaming!

Well there is so much more to tell y'all and just is not enough time! Just know we are having fun and getting stuff done, little a this, a little a that, and a whole lotta love.

oh NUMBER 1 funny thing of the week:

While harvesting the other elders harvested a couch... literally harvested it, and now it is stored in our home...

Now that's what you call Harvesting!



Then Yesterday as they drop talked an investigator... they took her couch too... 2 new couches!!! 
I hope there's no bedbugs in them! BTW, I took these 2 pictures from Elder W******'s mom. They must be using 2 different computers, cause Elder Park's computer is "too slow" for him to do more than 1 picture..... Elder W****** must have the fast one....

STAY STRONG!! PUSH ON!!!


ELDER PARQUE

No comments:

Post a Comment