Elder Park will be staying and Elder B**** will be leaving!
That's the news!
I am emailing late today because we went golfing. There is an
emeritus 70 who lives down here in the stake that used to be CEO of Ryder
Trucks and a few other major companies, anyway he is a member of a very fancy
Yacht and Golf Club, called Deering Bay. He took 7 missionaries and
President Richardson golfing 9 holes. Let's just say we felt like big shots. They
were pampering us, let us use nice clubs, it was awesome. And I played 2 over par
until the last hole... then... we got scared of the course, because we
couldn't see the green behind the bushes and boom! 7 over! I wish I could say
that I would have been that good by myself... We were playing 2 man best ball
and my partner saved us! I want to learn to play more... But it is an expensive
game to learn!
Well thanks family... I got your packages... nuff said. I
think I told you once we don't talk about these things... We take the Jehova's Witness approach to mission "birthdays", we don't say anything about
what it actually is but we still do something abnormal a day after... But
you never say why... I did want to know if the story that you gave me half of
was real or made up for the box?
This week was good, not very much happened but the E******* Family estan confirmado! They are incredible! Their daughter had an ear
infection on Sunday but they told her that she would have to tough it out at
least until after Sacrament Meeting! Then they had to go, but it was really nice!
We have been trying to keep the flow going with these guys because as you know
the 1st presidency has made a few changes to how missionaries hand off recent
converts... We don't we take charge and MAKE the new member lessons happen. As
well, our purpose is now to FIND, TEACH, BAPTIZE, RETAIN and ACTIVATE. We are
really excited about that!
This week I learned a lot about the importance of planning,
because remember how I said not much happened this week?... well that is MY
fault... I got lazy this week when it came to planning... I was tired...
Exhausted...Bored of the repetition of it... and there fore our plans were
exhausted quickly repetitive and tired... BUT we got a second wind! We found a
way to TRIPLE TASK, and use our LDS tools! The thing is that each week we are
expected to do an hour of "
mormon.org"
time. Its to help us become more familiar with the church websites, so that we
can share them with others. But it gets boring and we end up either not doing
it or doing it to fill time, normally it becomes a "Bible videos" time or a "look at your home ward on the map and show your companion
where you went to school" time (I have only done that a few times, you used to
be able to see the Festiva/Jellybean at the school). But now we found a way to make it
useful! As a Missionary we have access online to our Home Stake directory
AND the Stake that we are serving in so we have been using the map to make
"Member groups" of members that live close so that we can 1. clean up
the ward directory (967 units on the directory for our ward) 2. Bless members
(find referrals through them) 3. Harvest near them so we have investigators
that are close and they can come help us teach! So far it has been working
wonderfully!
Anyway that has been this installment of "what happened
in the life of ELDER PARK!!!"
Love you all
STAY STRONG AND PUSH ON!!
ELDER PARK!
No comments:
Post a Comment