I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 46 In Ft. Lauderdale....

Well guess what? this week was awesome! Like incredible!

The E******* Family went down!!

I cannot tell you how long I have been praying for this family. There was nothing, not even  2 to teach in our pool and then BOOM God gave us a big old "Here Ya Go" and gave us a 5 times 3  That's right a Family the FULL family got baptized on Sunday and there is plans already being made for the 7 year old to be baptized in December and for them to go to the Temple NEXT AUGUST!!!! BAH. I have NEVER seen such solid people! These are like leadership quality! I can see before they get to the Temple Y**** having a calling in Young Men's and C**** teaching Primary! This is a wonderful family I can't help but smile just thinking about them! And the 9 year old son wasn't even dry yet and he asked "when can I go on my mission?" They are incredible we taught them the WoW on Thursday they went home and threw out their Iced Tea, and all of Grandma's coffee (grandma does not like us as much now...)

Elder Park actually looks kinda tall standing next to Elder B****! He doesn't get that very often!
Funny story about teaching them the Word of Wisdom... They had offered us Iced Tea 2 or 3 times before and we had politely declined and each time I felt that I needed to bring it up and didn't. Then we would leave and I would feel terrible. Then when we finally taught them, they took it like champs. But then on our lesson the day after when we were talking about what they had done, Y**** pauses and say "Wait, how many times have you been over? And how many times have we offered you tea? And you watched us drink it? You let us sin!" They totally called me out! And threw the sins upon my head and we had just talked about repentance and they basically told me that I am the one that needs to repent for those... I got taught by my Gators! they REBUKED ME!

So I will let you all know that I have repented that and will be teaching the Word of Wisdom and any other commandment AS SOON AS it comes up!

But the Relief Society President Sister N*** was the one that really taught me a lesson during the baptism, she said, "Elder Park has been grinning from ear to ear. That's nice to see. Keep it up!" I do not know why those word's had such weight to my ears, but I realized I hadn't been smiling that much in the recent days! I AM A SMILER! But I hadn't been, because I just hadn't, but that's coming back ya'll! I have been smiling non stop now!

Well there's not much more I can tell you because this week has been over shadowed by the awesomeness of yesterday

STAY STRONG PUSH ON


ELDERO PARK

No comments:

Post a Comment