This week was a wake-up call...
and it hit me like a truck.
The past few weeks I have felt like I am learning and
applying the things that I have been learning, I felt that I was adding tools
to the tool box of conversion, bettering myself and preparing for others, just
waiting my time to use them, waiting for the change, waiting for something (or
Somebody) new...
And this week we were having interviews with President
Richardson for the first time, and the question I took was what am I missing?
And before we even began he said he wanted to share a scripture.
Doctrine and Covenants 64: 32-34
32 But all things must come to pass in their time.
33 Wherefore, be not weary in
well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small
things proceedeth that which is great.
34 Behold, the Lord
requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat
the good of the land of Zion in these last days.
Boom... there it was. My answer. Smacking me in the back of
the head at 98 mph... Vers 34 "Behold, the Lord requireth the heart
and a willing mind" I had the willing mind I was doing everything
that we needed to have success I was mentally all there. I was acquiring the
tools that I needed but at the moment, my heart wasn't there. I was doing my
job. I was not emotionally involved, I was not acting out of Love. My heart
wasn't in it.
I have to say after that interview I was emotionally
shook... It was and incredible revelatory, and spiritual moment. But it
was not what I had expected. I realized that I am here on the Lord's errand,
doing the Lord's work, the work of Salvation, I should be emotionally involved,
I should be dying to get out each day. And I realized that I had lost that
since I have arrived here in Homestead, and I needed to get it back! I needed
to get some oomf again.
And so began the Mega-Mondo-Faith-Booster-Over-Haul! This
week was also the new month so I realized that we needed to set a new goal...
what has been our baptismal goal for the past 4 months in Homestead?
3... What is the record that this area baptized in a month, in other
words whats this areas potential? 6 what is our new baptismal goal for the
Month of AUGUST the BIG #12? we are going to baptize.... 7 this month and set
the record for our area! The only way that that can happen is if we have the
Lord on our side! and what does he require? "...the HEART and a
willing mind..." What am I willing to give to baptize 7
children of God this month? Everything! I know who I am, I know that the Lord
wants this even more than I do and so we are going to do it!
I know that this is different than my past emails but its
because I realized that I need to be someone different right now I am SO
EXCITED TO BE A MISSIONARY RIGHT NOW!!! I DON"T KNOW WHAT GOT INTO ME I
HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SO EXCITED TO BE HERE NOW I AM GOING TO PUT IT TO USE!!!
Stay Strong, Stay Humble, and
PUSH ON!!!
ELDER PARQUE
No comments:
Post a Comment