This week did not start to successful, well actually I think that it depends on how you look at it... Monday and Wednesday we had 2 meal appointments (5, and 7) and on Tuesday we had 4 (12,4,6,9)... so most of our day was taken up, but at least most of the appointments were for investigators and FHE's with families and their non-member friends... well let's just say things got a little plugged up and Elder Park had to take Thursday to learn a lot about Laxatives. As far as I can tell there was no happy solution. What ended up working is called "The Purple Dragon" it is a saline concoction that really caused drastic results. And left a feeling of complete cleanliness. Anyway... that will be the last of that talk. Mom, that does not need to make it to the blog, I just thought that I would inform you of the odd happenings. Oooops! Did I forget to take that one out? Hehehe!
Well everybody, I want you all to know that I have a firm testimony of the reality of Satan. This week it rained, not big news I thing I mention the rain very frequently, but this week I think the Gulf of Mexico moved to Homestead there was literally1-2 feet of water on the roads and in some of the low spots on Saturday even more, and unfortunately, our good friends that were going to get baptized got flooded. So they went to stay with families up north and were unable to come Sunday, but they WILL be baptized this Sunday! SATAN SHALL NOT WIN! But we were very blessed this week in finding.... ANOTHER FAMILY. We are considering renaming our district from the "Homestead" district the the "Home and Family" district. But these guys are AWESOME. Y****, remembers meeting with the missionaries when he was 12 but nothing much happened, but now when his 9-year-old son is wanting to go to church he does not want to take his son to a church where he doesn't feel anything. He has been looking for the missionaries for about a month and the other day while Elder B**** was on exchange with Elder U******, he saw them and he FLAGGED THEM DOWN!!! He came to them! We went over and taught them and the 9-year-old said after the prayer that God told him that this was the church for his family and they were going to like it. And so they want to prepare for the next Sunday. HOW COOL!!!
Anyway, we lost a day of proselyting this week on Friday. A part member family asked us to help them move, the husband (non-member) just asked us because "there's just two or three big things we can knock it out in an hour and a half"... well we got there at noon... at 4 we realized that the 3 of us would not be able to handle this all... we called back up and got 1 prospective Elder come and help... at 7:30 E. B**** and I had to leave to go to co-ordination, Jon the soon to be Elder stayed... he called us at 10:25 and said he just left... I will say that was the HARDEST I have ever worked in my life... there were SO MANY STAIRS!!! and so many obnoxiously heavy small things... We are now REALLY good friends with the husband and he feels indebted to us... so we negotiated a sit down dinner in the new house and a lesson.
Anyway that was the bulk of the week but I want you to search for 2 talks neither is on LDS.org, one is called "Create Success" By Elder M. Russel Ballard, and the other is called "The Fourth Missionary" I don't know the speaker, And I don't know how to find them but they are awesome and I would like you to put them on the blog and email me an electronic copy
ANYWAY LOVE YOU ALL.. Stay Strong, Push ON!!
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment