I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 38 In Fort Lauderdale....

Yes, I got the package! I got all the stuff it was great thank you VERY much! 
I told you guys that now I am in a car area and I remember Pat telling us about TiWi, But I thought that I would share with you my thoughts on the little demon. TiWi is a little electronic box that connects to satellite to track where you are and where you have been. It has a sensor that tracks G's to track how well you are breaking and accelerating and turning. As well, it uses satellite to know what the speed limit is. Also checking other things like seat belts and what not. I have my own little card that I log in with everyday, so it knows who is driving. All of that is fine and dandy BUT it also has another feature... VOICE. It tells you when you are violating, the rule in which you are violating and if you violate them to much, he gives you like a penalty card! I have never had a problem or seen a problem until I got here. Here we have a lot of LONG one way roads... that everybody speeds on... except us...  A few days ago I had a train of 12 cars behind me! And the whole time TiWi was saying "CHECK YOUR SPEED" which is a warning and you have 7 seconds to slow down before is says " SPEED WARNING" in which you have been flagged in the system and the Mission gives you certain consequences. And then, if you still don't slow down it says " SPEEDING VIOLATION" which means you will get a call from the Vehicle Coordinator and he will probably suspend you. So far I haven't had a problem. The problem I have had is other drivers getting angry at me because I  speed up then slow down, and some times I have to use my brakes and they think I am freaking out because they are tailgating me. Then I get angry and give TiWi a knock, then I feel bad because he is just doing his job. So now I have a little character that hangs from the visor that I whack when I am angry. So far that has been my biggest stress on my mission.
Otherwise this week had been good, at church while sitting in sacrament meeting mulling of the lyrics of "We need thee every hour" in walks a family of 3 with one of our members. They were not a family that we (the missionaries) had been working with or taught, but a member of the ward had and brought them to church and said "here... they are wonderful!". They were incredibly prepared AND A FREAKING AWESOME MIRACLE!!!! Which we definitely needed. No one besides our eternigator has been to church down here for about a month and a half. MAJOR drought. And I have been doing everything to all of my ability to get people to church! I have a list of 50 ways to connect people's different desires to going to church. Feel weak? Ether 12: 27 Go to church to become strong. Feel alone? 3 Nephi 18 the whole chapter talks about how the people of Christ become a family through the sacrament! The list continues on all I have been doing is trying to find ways to boost people's desires to go to church! Want an eternal family? The Proclamation to the World, TALKS ABOUT GOING TO CHURCH!! ALL THE SCRIPTURES DO! YOU CAN CONNECT EVERYTHING HAPPINESS< STRENGTH, PEACE, FAMILY, FRIENDS, ANIMALS, SADNESS, HEALTH.... all of it can be found at church. All of it but none of our friends have made it that was why I was SOOO happy to have a family walk in that door. I felt God's love. He told me that he saw my efforts and he compensated. It was real nice.
Also this week I have been  running into a lot of **'s and R** J**** people and it reminded me of my favorite APOSTASY scripture 2 Timothy 4:2-4:
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
This is the world that we live in and it is our admonition to preach the gospel to them all. and thats the thought that I want to leave you!

Stay Strong, Push On

ELDER PARK

No comments:

Post a Comment