Man this place is different I have been working my BUTT off
and not a lot is happening. We spend a lot more time traveling because we have
one on the Largest areas, and it is more spread out than normal. Driving down
here is definitely different because you have people from different countries
with different driving habits as well as people that are ALWAYS in a hurry. One
important technique that I have learned is known as a "Cuban Finger". It works similar to a blinker when it is bumper to bumper traffic. You stick your
finger out the window and point where you want to go and when the car moves you
take the spot. It's kinda like saying "I ama coming over whether you like it or
not". VERY USEFUL down here. And Dad, managing less than a 1000 miles is looking
to be WAY more difficult than I thought... last week we averaged 35 miles a
day, and once this month we have to go up to Ft. Laud... There will be a little
biking, we plan to use the car to get us far places and then use the bike to
get around from there.
This apartment has NO BED BUGS!!!! YEAH! I burned the
previous sheets so that I didn't bring them and bought new ones. I still run
the diffuser every now and then to ward them off and I like the smell too.
Another thing that I thought that I would mention is that I think when you
updated the GPS some things got changed... Because the words on the screen are
in English, but the voice wasn't, it was in Japanese... So I went to change it
and guess what languages were available? Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian,
Tagalog, and a few others I cannot pronounce... No English, No Spanish, No
Portuguese, No French, which are all languages that I could have understood...
HAHA I thought it was funny!!! So I decided that we would listen to Korean so
that I could get back to my roots! ;) (Inside joke, Park is a Korean name also.)
This week we had an exciting thing happen... We were driving
home from a meal appointment that turned out to be a pick up and we passed a
Krispy Kreme, we decided to buy a box. After we checked out the
lady asked if we would like some extra glaze, we thought as a dipping sauce, so
we said "sure". She handed us 2 boxes of glazed donuts for free!
How crazy right? 24 free donuts! But it doesn't end there, a couple days later
was free donut day... so we stopped in to get a donut, we didn't even buy a
donut, we still had donuts at the house. WE JUST GOT OUR FREE DONUT for Donut
day, but we walked out with...2 dozen more FREE donuts! That means this
wee we got 5 dozen donuts for $10. 60 donuts, 10 dollars!!! 6
per dollar!! We were amazed!! (I am so glad that donuts can make him so happy!)
That was one of the highlights this week not much
actually happened... We worked HARD with little success and nobody at church! But we aren't giving up we still know that we can help get baptized
this month!
It's like Alma the younger he got discouraged as he tried to
teach the Nephite dissenters, but the Lord told him "No this is were you must be!" So he stayed and MANY people then received the Gospel!
We are going to keep on working hard and looking for the
repentant people! "And the voice of warning shall be unto all people, by
the mouths of my disciples, whom I have chosen in these last
days."(D&C 1:4) that's our duty, it's what we will do!
Stay Strong, Push ON!
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment