This was a good week.
Alrighty! First off, I am fine and everything is alright. I will see if I can get a new bike seat but there's only this fancy bike shop in our area and its a bit expensive, so I might just deal with it, plus we got a car at transfers because Elder L*** is now a district leader, which means that I will also be doing exchanges with zone leaders every now and then, which is awesome because those guys are just awesome. So we aren't biking nearly as much. Also the pants are fine and the binder will be great! And I'm sorry that I forget the packages, I tend to get them at the beginning of the week and forget about them by the end, but I love them I got Grandmas last one on a Tuesday and yours as well I think.
I'm SO excited that you all have had such amazing weeks! And its great to hear all about it. I think that I will be emailing Bishop this week as well because the ward I am serving in has a great idea, they make all of the parents of the kids on missions, ward missionaries! (Bishop, I am telling you now, NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Apostasy may start sounding like a great idea!) I think that would be a GREAT calling!! HAHA
That family that we were teaching was AMAZING but... the wife that we never got to really teach because she was always out didn't want them to give up parts of Sunday because it was their only day off. We still stay in contact with them and what not, but they just aren't a focus at the moment. We are teaching a whole lot of other really great people but we are trying really hard to get everybody to church.
Today was really interesting, one of the ward members, Bro. L***** took us shopping at first we thought he was offering his car because we had mentioned awhile ago how difficult it was to shop on our bikes, but when we got a car we told him never mind. BUT NO. he wanted to take us SHOPPING!!! he bought us EVERYTHING, stuff we normally don't even buy because its difficult or something you just forget about! like chips! I forgot about those! haha he was REALLY nice and really cool.
I don't know what it was. Maybe it was that I'm no longer
one of the newest missionaries in the mission, maybe I'm just finally adjusting
to the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida missionary lifestyle, maybe its just the
weather, or a combination of all three and the Spirit. But this week I felt
like a real missionary, I felt like my attitude was in the right place and that
I actually knew what was happening and how I could really contribute. And I
think all of that came from what I read about Ammon at the beginning of the
week. I read about how he converted King Lamoni. Which I had been wanting to
restudy again for awhile because I felt like maybe I could pull some secret of
being a powerful missionary from. But as I read it I was beginning to feel
disappointed because I couldn't find any extraordinary thing that he had done.
Cutting off a whole lot of arms is extraordinary, but I didn't think that was
the secret to missionary work. And that's when I realized that that is exactly
the point, Ammon did exactly what he was supposed to. He served the King and as
he did the Lord blessed him and as he continued to serve not only the King, but
also the servants of the King he was blessed and their hearts were softened.
And so that's what I think I really tried to focus on this week was my service
to my companion and the people I serve. Like this week one of our MANY miracles
was meeting Yosly. We had been praying really hard for a family because the
family that we had been previously working with and basically dropped us and we
REALLY wanted to find a family that we could bring to be baptized. And we found
1 we found Yosly out in front of her house as we were walking back from an
appointment that didn't go so well, in fact we had been dropped again because
we couldn't give her money, but we saw Yosly and there was a pull towards her,
so we decided to go talk to her. She was outside sharpening a pencil with a
razor blade so that her son could do his home work, we talked about leaving a
blessing with her and she said she would love it and went and grabbed her son.
And we started talking about what we could pray for but the sun kept getting in
her eyes and so she invited us in. We said we couldn't unless there was a man inside
with us, and she said there was! Her husband! He was on the couch watching a
soccer game, and we invited him and he gladly accepted. We had a wonderful
prayer with them and they really felt the spirit but were hesitant to make a
return appointment because they have such crazy schedules, but we made one for
the next day anyway. But as we were leaving Elder Lamb and I got the same
distinct impression that we ought to bring her a pencil sharpener. So the next
day we picked one up at lunch. when we gave it to her you could see her eyes
light up! it was something small and funny but to her it showed that we cared
and that's the type of missionary I want to be.
AND DID YOU READ ABOUT THE TEMPLE?????? go read the churches official statement!!! we are uber excited!!!
anyway I love you and there's another letter in the mail
STAY STRONG, PUSH ON
ELDER PARK!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment