I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week 83 In Ft. Lauderdale....

April 28, 2015

Well there you'll never guess what other wishes of mine were finally granted this transfer!!! I am in a Spanish BRANCH!!! Brand new it just got created 2 weeks ago, we don't even have all the records moved over yet the list shows 20 people but about 52 showed up for church, and apparently there are a ton of less actives that are only less active because there was never a Spanish Branch! SO EVERYBODY IS STOKED OUT OF THEIR MENTES!!! And so am I!

My companions name is... Elder Brown... That's the 2nd Elder Brown that has been my companion and the 3rd I have lived with. He is originally from Massachusetts, but moved to Idaho a few years ago, where he met the church. He started to do some reading and the church made more sense to him than any other church and more than that he says he felt the spirit. He has been a member for just a few months under a year now. He is a very smart individual and he knows a lot more Spanish that I did when I left the MTC. 

The area is huge!! so (unfortunately) we have a car, currently with no mile limit (that IS fortunate). When we got here we decided that we needed to meet all the current leaders of the Branch so naturally we started with the Branch President, We go over and he had invited his 1st counselor and his non-member Mother, we ate with them and... invited the mother (Yolanda) to be baptized... and she accepted... for Mothers Day!!! BAUTISMO!!! MILAGRO!!! Then we invited another Part-Member family to come to church and... THEY DID!!! Her Husband (the non-member) got super confused in priesthood (we have a bunch of High Priests) so he asked a ton of questions and then found out about foot notes and whatnot and BOOM now he is interested!! Boom meal and a lesson today!! 

Since the area is super spread out, and there aren't large complexes (complexi?) of Latins we are going to have to go hard on getting referencias from the members its really going to be the only effective way to make it happen, but we are trying our best to find on our own as well! 

Another thing... una hermana in the branch heard that we were coming so she started a meal calendar... planning on the members feeding us lunch AND dinner EVERYDAY... I will get fat... and its not a bike area... PERO esta bien porque, it tastes really good!! We also have a Brazilian Branch in our building so there's a chance we can get some of that too!!

So YEAH super stoked!!
Stay Strong Push on!!!


Elder Parque!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment