I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week 68 In Ft. Lauderdale....

So I sent you a picture, and the man in the middle, his name is J*** S******, he is surrounded by his new family. That man was baptized Friday and confirmado this Sunday. His is an amazing man. He was born in Cuba, where in school he was basically taught that there was no such thing as God and that he had to fend for himself, when he got here to the states he continued believing that because that's how it all was. But then he met a man called as a ward missionary in Oct. the man invited and pulled him to church. Jose said "The very moment I walked in the building, I felt something different, I felt God" But then he could never make it back because he worked as a truck driver and he couldn't be in town on Sundays. But then his schedule changed a few weeks ago and he was able to come, He said that the entire time he was away he thought about the church and how he felt and began to pray. When he started coming to church He came to us and said, " I want to be baptized, will you help me?"... I had thought he was a member all along. So we started teaching him and helping him quit smoking. and badaboom-badabing 3 weeks later BAPTISM! He's a really good guy I love him. 
Other things that happened this week I went on 2 exchanges, and we ended up having to go down to plantation to get Elder Hunt's Knee looked at so... I was not in my area very much this week BUT great things happened. 
Things that I am learning. APPLICATION!!! We are given so much training and help in this life, and we know its all good, BUT IF IT IS NOT APPLIED IT DOES NO GOOD. You can be told EXACTLY what to do but if you don't do it, NOTHING will come from learning it. I have seen that WAY to much on my mission, a training is given 1 week used then we get a new training, and BOOM the old was is forgotten. WE MUST CONTINUE TO USE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT. Anyway now that that has come off my chest, I have also learned a lot about patience this week, results don't come immediately, even if you have the given specific instructions, you cannot expect it to immediately take effect and change things. Basically I learned that I was a handful as a child and youth to my parents...
Elder & Sister Zwick
Also in the "NEWS" category here in the FFLM the Ft. Meyers stake on the west coast of Florida got added to our mission, a whole 30 new missionaries came over... They are not perfectly happy (their iPads got taken away until we get ours too) they are going to fit right in! 
But that's what happened!



LOVE YOU

STAY STRONG PUSH ON


ELDER Parque

No comments:

Post a Comment