I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week 65 In Ft. Lauderdale....

Well a lot of things happened this week​. Let us start with Tuesday after I emailed you. We went and grabbed a bite to eat and then we had to run home because the member that was going to take us to Ft. Laud. wanted to leave at 2 in case there was some traffic. The Plan was that he would take us down there and then he would drop us off and we would get ready for the 730 session at 6pm. Then after we would go home with Elder Lamb and Elder Butterfield to Doral in Hialeah, and spend the night with them, and because Elder Lamb was going home he would take us to transfer meeting where we would wait and go home with the Zone Leaders. So it was going to be quite the adventure we ended up all over the mission it 2 days! it was fun. The  thing that changed about it was that while we were at transfers Elder HouseKeeper (whose our car director) said that we need a car now. So we drove a car home. 
There was something really special about being there with a man that I met a year or so ago who knew NOTHING about the Church or what a Mormon even was. And now he is a full fledged Mormon. While in the temple I remembered thinking about how amazing he was while we taught him and how accepting he was. And now look how far he has come and what he has learned, it blows my mind. Those moments we spent in the temple are moments that I will NEVER forget. They were the most spiritual, most powerful, and sacred moments of my life that impressed upon me the desire to always stand worthy of his and my other converts trust.
Then as we got home we set out to find! and we found 2 miracle families! And 1 we even met through some pross-ball... Proselyting Basketball... lets just say we can hustle for a lesson... but anyway these families are awesome, the First on the McQueen's we taught and invited to sacrament and they accepted and then when we passed by like we planned on Sat. they weren't home and we were like there went that... but we passed by Sunday morning to see them and remind them of church and when we knocked the door BOOM they were already getting ready! That was awesome and to sit by the 4 of them at sacrament was awesome and to see that they came in "nice clothes" helped our bishop see that we are finding so solid people, our bishop REALLY wants us to teach gators to come to church in White shirts/skirts.
Then the other family were some Latins that after we blessed their home were so excited to have us back over for dinner, and they fed us some good old authentic Mexican food, as we taught them the restoration, while we taught them they mentioned how necessary the Book of Mormon was and how excited they were to read it, and when we committed them to church they said without hesitation, "we will be there" it was rather refreshing to see someone that understood the need for the Book of Mormon.

Killing off Elder Lamb (sending him home)
Elder Butterfield, Elder Lamb & Elder Park


Elder Park & Elder Hunt

Very well used! Lot's of praying!
So I know this is a shorter email... but I will talk to you on Christmas through Skype around 3ish my time.

Stay strong push on


ELDER PARK

No comments:

Post a Comment