I
have officially decided that October is a terrible month, the only good things I
can think come out of October are Conference and The World Series, and I guess
Garret. (speaking of the World Series who's is playing) And I guess the reason
for that is Halloween... It is terrible for missionary work. Imagine this (it
happens almost daily) you walk up to a door, pass one of those sensor Halloween
decorations and "BOOOOGAAAHHAHAHAHA" and other loud noises start
issuing out of it! That is a great way to start a prayer or a blessing. Or when
on the door is a gore-y Zombie or severed arm. It stinks. Really I think that
the mission has ruined Halloween for me, I am becoming embittered towards 3
things Little Dogs, External ACs near the door and Halloween. Maybe front yard
gates too. It just all creates Awkward situations.
Anyway,
this week has been a good week! Everybody is doing well, we have started
on a path towards recovering the Ramos family and have now established a
goal with a couple of the Kids to get their father involved
and help him get back to church so that the whole family works together towards
baptism. We had interviews with President Richardson Saturday and he basically
told me that I need to do everything and anything to get this family baptized...
He kind of implied that if we do not we will be staying together another
transfer... We have not decided if that is a good thing or a bad thing... We
might "love" each other to Death... (I would be ok with them staying together again...)
In
my interview with President he made it very clear that we always need to be
evaluating what is a valuable use of our time and what is not. He taught me
a little about how valuable our time is and how really we need to be using all
of it as best we can. Remembering that there are Good, Better and Best things
to worry about in life and there are good, better and best investigators to
teach and to work with.
Our
phone has been acting up lately and we have been missing text messages and
things like that... We thought it was Satan playing his funny games... but it
was God helping us out. on Friday we were supposed to go give Yolanda a
priesthood blessing before she left for Honduras so we went over when we got
there she told us that that she had texted us that there was only going to be
her and Robert so we probably should do it another day. But we never got the
text so we showed up anyway! And since we were there we were able to have a
lesson focused on Robert and what he knew and understood. We found out that the
reason that he had fallen back a little was because he really did not know much
about who Jesus Christ was. So we taught about who Christ is what he did, and
what he gave us. At the end of the lesson, he just thought and said, I want to
thank him however I can. We told him he could do so by being baptized. He said
he will be baptized. It was amazing to see how just understanding what Jesus
did for him helped him increase his desires and I felt the most pure rush of
the spirit as I testified and taught of Jesus Christ our Savior, the Redeemer,
our Older Brother. And I testify with out a shadow of a doubt that HE LIVES, He
Loves, and He Heals.
This
week has begun:
BECOMING
AN ANGEL 101
This
a study schedule that I have derived form 2 Nephi 32: 3 ''
Angels
speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon
the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things
what ye should do."
Yeah...
Scripture mastery!
Anyway
I was reading this Classic Boss Scripture when it dawned on me... This is a
formula to become an ANGEL... BOOM and so thus began my new and extensive
scripture study to try to get all the scripture and all the words!
Monday:
Book
of Mormon reading. (looking for valuable scriptures to share with my fellow man)
PMG.
Doctrine study, to better understand and find different ways to teach my
investigators
Tuesday:
Old
Testament
PMG
Purpose, to better understand what I am doing and Why.
Wednesday:
New
Testament
PMG
Christlike attributes, to become more like Christ.
Thursday:
Pearl
of Great Price
PMG
Doctrine, you can't get enough doctrine.
Friday:
Doctrine
and Covenants
PMG
Study Skills to increase the effectiveness of my studies
Saturday:
ENSIGN
because modern Scriptures
PMG
Recognize the spirit
Sunday:
General
Conference MODERN SCRIPTURE again
Applications
to my life and others.
I am
kinda telling you all this so I hold my self accountable to more people and I
actually stick to it and move forward to become an angle!
Anyway
this was a great week, full of unusual awkward missionary situations,
Skeletons detract from the spirit... and people especially members like to ask
us why we as members "celebrate Halloween" that's hard to explain. I
just tell them the "Church'' doesn't just the people do... I mean why do
we celebrate St. Patrick's Day? no reason but fun and Candy!
Stay
Strong, Push on!
Elder
Parque!
No comments:
Post a Comment