We are
staying... I am very excited about this but thoroughly confused... NO one
thought this was going to happen... I have been in this zone for 7 transfers, I
have seen people leave and then come back. They all told me that I was outta
here and headed north. But no! Here I am! Still here in Homestead! 4 transfers!
Wow. I remember how Dad placed his pin in Miami for the guess and sure enough
here I am still in the Miami metropolitan area! I am a Miami missionary.
President Richardson actaully sent me a personal
email. It said, "You two are "on
fire"...! Now, stay focused, humble, grateful and most importantly
"close" to Heavenly Father & the Holy Spirit....! ;-)" So it's clear that things are going well here and President didn't
just forget us down here, President know's that the Lord wants us together down
here!
Well, this week
was really great! Lots of good things happening and lots to look forward to. We
found another family that we are teaching and they also have dates for the 19th
that brings our grand total of potentials with dates set for baptism to 13 for
the month of October. I don't know if you remember this but October was the
month I had my first baptism, October is special for me and we are going to celebrate
it by baptizing a small nation down here. We are VERY EXCITED FOR THIS. I was
worried that I would be leaving and missing all these AWESOME people that are
SO CLOSE to baptism! BUT I AIN"T GUNNA.
This week we had
an incredible speacialized training, its about a new Key Indicator for our
mission, because everysoul is a soul and great is his (or her) worth in the
eyes of God and now missionaries, its called the RESCUE and it helps us track
and appreciate the In-active people that we help bring back, the "Lost
Sheep" and celebrating as the Good Shepard would.
I am finding
that I really am beginning to LOVE Florida, err Miami, I do not know what
Florida is like but Miami is great, there is NEVER a dull moment always running
always dodging, always energized... and I LOVE HUMIDITY... or at least I will
pretend I do! Yesterday we got stuck in the most torential down pour I have
been in, (we were on bike... we ran out of miles) and I realized how alive I
felt, I was wet, to the bone I could not see and I had just hit a curb and hit
my face on my handle bars, all around in a miserable condition, when I
realized, someday I am going to laugh about how dumb it must have looked to see
2 kids in white shirts and ties as wet as we were furiously riding our bikes,
and I decided right then... Why not enjoy it now? Why not laugh and have fun
with it NOW? And so I am. Because in this infinite and eternal plan, everything
is always moving forward and if we aren't, if we are standing still we are
moving backward. We MUST act and not be acted
upon. So I will act and I will enjoy my time EVERY moment.
I don't know where that
tangent came from but yeah... Smiles act yeah... sunshine in my soul...
Any
who there was more I wanted to say but I can't remember!
LOVE
Y'ALL remember missionaries love letters, pictures, ties and socks.
STAY
STRONG AND PUSH ON!!! WITH A SMILE
ELDER
PARQUE
No comments:
Post a Comment