I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week 42 In Fort Lauderdale....

Well... this was a week that just disappeared I don't even know what happened, actually I do... NOTHING BAH! actually that is an exaggeration, We just lost 2-days of proselyting because I got sick and then my companion got sick the day after. So our KIs looked miserable, but we were trying.
And remember how last week I mentioned the rain and the lightning?... that stopped... 92 degree, plenty of humidity and direct sun... I actually think that I got wetter this week from my own sweat than I did all last week from the rain.

This week we had a wonderful experience with the family that we blessed last week, they invited their neighbors over for dinner and Family Home Evening, and we taught the importance of having FHE (especially in Miami) and how the council was given by prophets, which lead us to the Restoration, the Member got REALLY excited and shared a TON of information... A TON. but I am always surprised how when members share that stuff it doesn't scare investigators too much... but if missionaries share any information that isn't perfectly simple BOOM!! They freak out and split! But it was a very spiritual experience. And it was our second meal for the day... I am getting FAT!!!

I don't know if you read the Article on MORMONnewsroom... I doubt that most of you check it frequently... missionaries do (its the only news that we get). Anyway the church is starting the role out for iPads in the US, Canada, Western Europe, and Japan. We are all pretty excited at how that will change up the work here (mostly I am excited to whip out a Mormon message in a lesson, or a conference talk!) iPads and Missionary Work

I don't know what else to tell you other than my new favorite Food is Lomos Saltados, I think I was a Peruvian in another life, I thought I liked Mexican food... Then Nicaraguan(fritanga).... but there isn't a Peruvian dish that I have LOVED.

Stay Strong and Push ON!!

Elder Park



p.s. Tell Grandpa that Elder Jeffery Holland and Apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ, " if we do not take time to be well, we most assuredly will take time later on to be ill." Like a Broken Vessel 

No comments:

Post a Comment