New Area: Homestead East
- Same Zone different district
- Same Stake
- 1 ward south
- Covers a HUGE area including
the first 5 keys
- The town is similar to Herriman, in that there are a lot of neighborhoods and farmland
side-by-side, kinda quiet and there are still a few dirt roads
- We have a car, and 1000 miles
a month.
New Companion: Elder B****(ito)
- Small
- Quiet
- Navajo
- 20 months in the mission
- needs help with spanish and
taking to people
- Can't drive (blind in one
eye) so I do
New roommates: Elder B****(isimo) 23 months and Elder
J***** 7 months
- kinda trunky district-leader
- newer kid "raised"
with minorly disobedient trainers
What a week! I got to Homestead and there were NO key
investigators... none, no lessons taught, no new investigators and no blessings
given. We had to WORK to make things happen. This Area has had a bit of a
history lately of health problems and losing proselyting time because of it. As
well the last missionaries in the area had been working with the same 5
people for about 3 months and so the area needed a HUGE jumpstart. And so that
is what Elder Brown and I did we just got to it and WORKED. We left 19 blessings
with people and the first 4 new gators this area has seen in quite some
time. And there is some super potential for progress here. We have 3 people
lined up for baptism on the 15th. I am super excited for the chance to remodel an area. The members here need to be worked with to build their excitement for
the area and the missionaries need to build their diligence.
I was trying to think of a story to tell you and all I
could think of is the story of Kristina and Robin who we found this week
through a media referral. She is a DoTerra lady... yup! and so two weeks ago
there was a big convention in... UTAH!!!! and they flew her out. Through the
DoTerra people she met a lady in Heber that let her stay with her. Well
Kristina was incredibly impressed with the way that the family acted and how
neighbor kids walked in and out of their house. and she realized it was because
they were living the christian life, not just say that's what they were. I just
found it incredible that just living in HEBER for a couple of days was enough
to change her life and make her want to be a part of it. When we went over
all she wanted was for us to explain and help her prepare! That was incredible
to me.
Other wise missionary life is missionary life, sometime
people love you then sometimes they call you false prophet and try to spit on
you. But that's how it works its hot, muggy and sweaty, but that's what I
imagined about missionary work I am glad to be here where I am!
LOVE YOU stay strong, push on.
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment