I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Week 34 In Fort Lauderdale....

This was an interesting week... 

As I told the family already, I got my front wheel stolen this week. I had bought a new tire for that wheel not 3 weeks before and what a beautiful tire that was, the wheel was really nice, too. We had gotten to know each other very well. I learned how to true her and she had learned how to drive in a straight line. We really bonded... sob... I will miss her. Lucky I had the extra tire and tube Dad had sent me so I didn't need to buy those, but I did need to buy a new wheel. I went to 2 shops and the best one I could find was $45! She darn well better be worth it! But, I have faith that if I really try to love her that I will learn to like her! I definitely learned my lesson that cables are worthless and U-locks are the only way. Luckily 1 of the elders in the apartment had an extra lock I can borrow until I get myself another one.

And then another tredgedy happend this week... I stepped in a hole and sprained my ankle. This was a major testimony builder because we had just received a training from a doctor who told us that Satan is real, and he will try to stop us in many different ways both physical and mental. So that means that Satan is scared of me! (This is new to him? Does he not remember all the injuries he had just before he left on his mission?)

So this week my studies have really taken me to hit to scriptures hard. I have been tearing them apart and really trying to understand them. And I started my search with the "scripture mastery" scripture's. I found one of my favorites,

  Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

This scripture really reminded me also of Paul in the New Testament and the many times he attributes having weakness to having strength in the Lord. Ammon in Alma 26 when he "boast of his God" and his own nothingness, and I realized that truly we should be grateful every time we see our own weakness. Truly that is the LORD showing us our weakness and he does so to help us be humble and ultimately to strengthen us "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13) And that was what happened this week the Lord really showed me my weaknesses, in Spanish, Scripture knowledge and Diligence (and in my ankle). It really helped me see that this work is important, that I am in the Lord's work because he is showing me where he can strengthen me and improve me. That's my commitment this week, to look for a weakness and ask the Lord to help me strengthen it.

This week we didn't get any gators to church. Just a few less-active people and some visitors, that was discouraging. We had a Zone conference this week that reminded me that discouragement is a choice. So, I chose to never be discouraged at church again and to ALWAYS bring a non-member friend, to worry about and fret over! That's what makes Church a growing and learning opportunity!

I don't know what else to share other than a quote from Elder Niel L. Andersen "The world will not glide calmly toward the Second Coming of the Savior" (General Conference May 2014) remember that, when rough times come and when you watch the news. The world is preparing to be cleansed.

ANY WAY, OVER AND OUT

Stay Strong, Push ON!!

ELDER PARK

FFLM

No comments:

Post a Comment