This week was good we baptized Cedric! My first baptism in
Richmond Hieghts! Richmond Hieghts is an area that was created for Black
Veterans and their families. Most of the homes here are "family
homes" that have been in the family for 3 generations and there are 3
more generations living in it. They all have a "church home" they all
have a father of uncle that is a pastor at the church and they are all
"comfortable and actively participate" in their church. They love to
accept prayers and talk in tongues to us after. Except Cedric! He suffered a
TERRIBLE accident in 07 and "nobody from none a d's church's came" so
he really felt at home and felt the truth when he came to church.
This week we also met some SUPER crazy cuban people like...
crazy.
and we worked, sweat, worked and sweat.
This week was a week of some serious soul searching. We
(Elder T***** and I) had so many people that were showing such signs of
progress right up until the day of their interviews. And it really was
difficult and stressful for the both of us. We were checking our faith, our
obedience, and our diligence. But really we just kept coming back to the President's email
last week, Something Great is Stirring and I feel that it truly is and that is
why things were happening the way they were, because the Lord has a better, in
fact the best plan already about to take place.
This week in my studies I learned:
From the first few chapters of Alma that I have been
studying thisweek that we must change how we teach to match the people that we
are teaching. In chapter 5 as Alma is teaching the people of Zarahemla he asks
alot of questions, helping the remember the things that they already knew and
helping them reorganize the church and restrengthen their faith. And then when
Alma teaches the people of Gideon (ch. 7) he starts by praising them (v.3-6)
and helping them feel good about what thy have already done, but then tells
them about the sacrifice of Christ (v.11-13) just teaching them about the
Atonement increased their desires and right while their desires were high he
invited them to be baptized (v.14). And then he went to Ammonihah and all the
nice and easy tactics didn't work so he had to throw out the serious cries to
repentance and tell them of destruction and mayhem that would come if they
didn't change their ways. I just remember thinking as I was studying how
amazing it was to see those changes in his teaching it helps me realize that
not everyone will be touched by the same experience.
Spiritual Experience:
As Elder T***** and I were headed to our appointment, Elder
T***** mentioned that he felt drawn to 106th ave as we passed and said that we
ought to go back and Harvest there after our appointment, we had picked a
different spot the night before but as he talked about the spot I too felt that
we needed to be there. So after our lesson we returned. As we were there we
OYMed a few people and left a few blessings, the entire time the spirit was
very high, but nobody accepted baptism, church, or a return appointment. But it
felt good. I still am not sure why we were there, but the spirit was high and
it was rewarding to act on a spiritual prompting, and I pray that something
good will come out of that.
I wish there was more to write about this week. It was rough and yet rewarding, It's REALLY starting to get hot here. RIDICULOUSLY!
Anyway love you take care and KEEP STAYIN SCRONG AND PUSHIN
ON!
E. Park
No comments:
Post a Comment