Hello!
House Keeping stuff:
So I did get your packages. They were great! I really
appreciated them.
I will not be transferring, neither will Elder T*****. Every one is scratching their heads normally you don't do three together, but
then again we aren't normal. But this is good, we work really well together and get along. We also have a lot of goodthings
happening in the next little while, so that's good too!
Puedo hablar en espanol sufficiente para ensenar y
comunicar. No tengo control perfecto de la idioma. pero esta bien. Falta tres
meses de mi companero, el habla mas que yo y puede auydarme cuando tengo un
desafio.
Thats not perfect spanish but I feel I can get my opinion
across, my language studies have improved recently and I feel that I am making
good progress, I don't know if I could teach or help someone learn Spanish
right now, but I do feel confident ordering lunch or taking about the gospel.
I wasn't really worried about getting around, I
was just stating that if Elder T***** left and I needed to show my knew companion
a round it would take us a bit longer than with him. Everything down here is on
a grid system so it's easier to get around than some other places.
The Good Stuff:
This week we... MADE IT TO THE TEMPLE!!!! YEAH!!! it was
amazing! It feels like Florida in side, or what Florida will feel like in the
millennium. Remember how there was circles and leaves all over the the temples
in Oquirrh Mountain and Draper temples? Well here its grass. Everything looks
like its growing and its beautiful! There was a TON of paintings all over the
temple as well as 4 brand new ones that were commissioned just for this temple.
One of them by a Russian recent convert!! It's BEAUTIFUL and peaceful and
amazing! I can't wait for it to be dedicated!
So this week was a great week we met and taught some really
elect people and they have really changed the way I look at things. One family
(Frank and Giselle 60s) have really just absorbed the gospel they feel like
this is exactly what they have been looking for, they said they have seen us
around for years and finally we knocked on their door. They are awesome, and
they are SUPER excited to be baptized on Easter at stake conference at a
different chaple that's at a different time farther from thier home! We invited
them up to the Temple as well and they said they will go on Wednesday, Elder T***** and I thought we were going to have to go to Transfer meeting and that
we wouldn't be able to go with them, and they said no problem they will go up
on their own! They went from never hearing about the Church to going to a
temple open house! Now seeing that Elder T***** and I are not leaving we can go to
the temple with them! That will be our second time!
This week we were able to get 8 investigators to sacrament
none of them were the same ones that came to conference but they are all really
cool and they all loved it and are excited for nest week as well. We made a
real push on helping people get to church, because our purpose is to "Invite
others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the
restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance,
Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the
End" the 2 verbs that the missionary is supposed to do is INVITE and
HELP that is our purpose that is what we do. And often we do the inviting but
sometimes we forget to do the helping this week we HELPED people get to church, arranging rides, talking a guy through an oil change and more to HELP them be
ready to go to church! And it really paid off! And now these people have a
better understanding of the importance of going to church!
As we applied a Zone-training about effective Round-up and
helping people get to church we saw miracles. One of our investigators actually
told us 3 days in advance that he had already tied his tie so that he would be ready, because he knew how important it was to be ready to go to church. When we followed up
with his wife yesterday, she said that Sunday was a wonderful day and that she
couldn't wait to have more!
President Anderson is as Garret would say, a BOSS. The man is
incredible, everytime you are around him he inspires you to do better. Last
week he took a group of Jews through the temple and they invited him back to
their synagogue to talk, when he went back he explained what the Book of Mormon
is and who it came from he talked to them a lot about genealogy and turning the
hearts of the children to the fathers and why that was the reason the Book of
Mormon was written, he talked to them about what tribe of Israel Lehi was from
and similar things and in the end about half of them picked up copies of the
Book of Mormon after! I can't express how great he is, he is strict but he is
so out of love, and he will call us to repentance when he needs to.
PMG:
As I studied in Preach My Gosple I learned alot about the
importance of the Book of Mormon.
- As we read daily we recieve
1. an increase of faith 2. strength against temptation 3. we draw nearer
to God 4. and receive revelation
- The Book of Mormon was
written to be a daily reminder to put the Lord in our life
- It has the pure simple points
of the doctrine and helps us know the system of salvation 1 faith 2
repentance 3 baptism 4 Gift of the Holy Ghost 5 endure to the end.
- As we read we tune ourselves to the spirit and can receive answers for ALL of our problems spiritual
and temporal
This led me to wishing I had been reading even a little every
night and how much peace that would bring to my life so this week I have a
challenge for you all to read 1 small scripture from this list each night in
preparation for Easter just to see the difference daily scripture study will
make to your lives
- 2 Nephi 2:6-8
- Alma 7:11-13
- alma 34;8-10
- 3 Nephi 11;31-41
- 2 Nephi 9:6-7
- Helaman 14;15-19
- Alma 11:42-45
I know that as you do this that stress and contention will
go down. Temptations will lacken in strength and answers to ALL your problems
can be found!
Will you read these scriptures? (That is a missionary "will
you" statement that can only receive a Yes or a No, we use them all the time)
Anyway I love you all and
appreciate all that you do to help me! Thank the ward for me to they send
little things all the time and I really appreciate it!
STAY STRONG, PUSH ON!!!
Elder Park
No comments:
Post a Comment