Well I got the rest of the patches this week Dad and they
are plenty I don't think that I will need any for a LONG, LONG time. I did
think it was interesting that last week Dad you called the package of goodies
that was sent "Mom and Leah's". I thought what difference would
there be in a package that Dad and Garret put together, then I realized it
would be sunflower seeds and Gatorade. That's probably the only thing the two
of them have time to buy together, with how busy they must be with Baseball. Its
great to hear that things are going so well at home with all of you. I can tell
you that things are amazing here with the excitement of the temple and
Conference this week it was hard to sleep. ( No I have NOT been to the temple
yet, we haven't been able to arrange members and investigators to work
together! ) This week I realized that I need to really begin to figure out how
to get around on my own in this area my companion and I often get lost and
turned around, and he knows this area like the back of his hand! I realized
this yes because transfers are coming and there is a 50-50 chance that I am
staying or leaving and if I stay my companion and I will be lost HOPELESSLY! I
might need to ask you if I can borrow Falula (our GPS) if I can't get this figured out.
So, I told you that I got the bike computer thing figured
out. Well, this week I really got it dialed in and I was going to start sending
you my stats, well, I crashed while biking and it reset it! So I have no stats!
But I did learn how to true a wheel because of it! It's super easy. But it got
me thinking Dad, on spoked bike wheels am I hanging from the top spoke or
sitting on top of the bottom? I can't Google it so I was hoping you would know.
So I am going to follow up on a conference commitment. Do
you all have plans to get Preach My Gospel? We are supposed to talk about that
in our emails! I want to hear what you are learning!
What a great Conference we were a part of, I want to tell
you a story about the power conference has. We invited a family to come and
visit and see what conference is like, to expiriment on the words, and they
came to the last session, At first they were looked bored and sat as if it were
un-interesting, but then as the speakers spoke their interests rose, they began
to quote bible scripture along side the prophets and their eyes widened as
profound doctrine was unfolded before them, after conference Jeanette shared
that she was touched by Elder Corbidge's statements that opposition will
surround truth. She said, "Your Church is nothing like they told me, it's
just like the one man said bad comes around good." This dear old Jamaican
lady is now set with a baptismal date, even for this coming Sunday. It's
amazing to see how the spirit teaches so clearly to each persons needs.I can honestly say that there was something in every talk
that struck a cord with me. I never realized how truly lucky we are to have this
opportunity. As I have studied in Preach My Gospel I have been understanding
alot more about the Apostasy and the Restoration so it was wonderful to hear
those topics also addressed in the sessions. But often I read the words of Paul
about the "grevous wolves" and the "falling away" that must
happen before the coming of Christ and I wonder why the people didn't
understand the clarity of those words that after the Apostle's passed that the
Gospel would be distorted and lost. As you look at the saddness and darkness
that that entails it makes the beauty of the Restoration that we are living in
more brilliant. I cannot wait until the Gospel is spread to every nation, and
language. How glorious will it be when there is no more spiritual darkness on
this earth that everyone who desires to know and hear the truth can access it
and receive the blessings of eternity and family.
We invited a family to come and visit and see what
conference is like, to expiriment on the words, and they came to the last
session, At first they were looked bored and sat as if it were un-interesting,
but then as the speakers spoke their interests rose, they began to quote bible
scripture along side the prophets and thier eyes widened as profound doctrine
was unfolded before them, after conference Jeanette shared that she was touched
by Elder Corbidge's statements that opposition will surround truth. She said,
"Your Church is nothing like they told me, it's just like the one man said
bad comes around good." This dear old Jamaican lady is now set with a
baptismal date, even for this coming Sunday. It's amazing to see how the spirit
teaches so clearly to each persons needs.
Also I realized that I don't think I ever really explained
what "Harvesting" is so I am including what I wrote to
a member (Bro. Beck) about it. Harvesting is a tracting method that
we use here that attributes to 75% of our finding, we instead of offering a
lesson or a message offer a simple prayer or blessing for the home, people are
a lot more willing to accept a prayer and then after the prayer accept return
visits because of the spirit. That is the main purpose of harvesting to invite
the Spirit into the homes and lives of these people. We spend alot of time
trying to learn how to find desires and ask questions that we can learn what matters
most to theses people so that the prayer is powerful and impactful, each time
making it specific and individual to the person. This helps us know what to
teach them and how was can connect their desires to the gospel, after each
blessing we invite the person to be baptized right then and there while the
spirit is the highest.
This week has been a good week and we ate plenty I love you
and can't wait to hear what you are learning as you use Preach My Gospel! it
will help me 5X what I am getting out of it because I will be able to get 5X
the amount of studying it done!
STAY STRONG, PUSH ON
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment