I first want to thank everybody for the lengths you went to
to make my birthday a big deal. It was nice and different! The cake was funny (The lady at the bakery didn't speak much English. I kept spelling ELDER to her and she got it as Elbert Park! Too Funny) and I wasn't so apprehensive about the lady, more that she was being at our house. It
was proselyting time and we were luckily home to meet her because we were
preparing for service! I think it's funny and amazing that she was willing to
drive an hour to deliver a cake, MOM this means when her son's (in Idaho)
birthday comes around you need to make arrangements to get him a cake... don't
know how or who you could contact but you gotta make it happen! (I told cute Maritza that I would make that happen) It was also
nice that Sister Story got lunch, you told her I like BBQ, so that's what
she got! And that's a funny story my companion is a vegitarian and so for the
last little while I have been trying that out with him, just because he has some good arguments and scriptural backing in the Word of Wisdom and what not. So I
had eaten no meat in about 2 weeks and she brought ribs and wings and fry's,
that was amazing! and a TON of meat because my companion ate 0, he ate only vegetarian chili!


Then we went out to harvest in an area that we found out has
not been touched since 1998 and we went to the first people we saw and she
invited us in to say a prayer, but said that it would need to be quick because
they were about to eat, then her husband said "Quiren comer?" and
they sat us down to a HUGE Chilean dinner! They had 3 simple but amazing salads
and a HUGE pot of ribs, shrimp, potatoes, sausage, and goodness all roasted up
inside. It was amazing and they just kept throwing HUGE shrimp on our plates and
giving us more and more! It was a ton and when they found out it was my
birthday he said that's probably why he made so much extra food! It was a blast! Then we taught them, they loved it and told us to come back. Then they took us to their friends and their friends wanted to hear more it was amazing!
This past week though has been rough, no one came to church
again, 3 weeks in a row. The ride we found for a less active bailed last minute
and the devil caused problems in our investigators lives again. It's been
difficult but we just have to keep reminding ourselves that we can't do it all
some of it comes down to their personal agency.
Thank you for the Gifts as well, they are all perfect! It's
funny to know that it took y'all so long to get it figured out, and I do appreciate the grab'n go type stuff! I realized that I was being kinda rude with
how I was telling you to stop! It really is appreciated I just don't want
you going out of the way to get me things but I do appreciate it when I get
them.
This was the 5 week transfer and it doesn't effect anything
any more. This next transfer will be a 6-week one and both my companion and I are
staying in the area. The reason for it was to align with the MTC's teaching
program for the Haitian-Creole language program. By the way the Church is really
cool about they pamphlets in different languages, in Spanish all the pictures
are of Latin families and what not and in the creole ones there's Haitians and
in English they have white and black people it's really funny.
When I send a letter to the Mexico MTC or Mexico in general
do I need to use special stamps? an extra one? I just want to get these
letters to Elder Backus and Hermana Wiilson.
Also I would like you to send some more jam! and if when
ever you're at Costco, you see a large bag of nuts or trail mix or dried fruit
or granola bars on sale think of me! I also am planning on buying a
cargo rack for my bike so I would like you to look for a cheap plastic tool box
I could strap to it to put things in to. Garret had one from Home Depot when he
was younger that I think would be perfect maybe something smaller than that one
but about that size and type. our recent convert that rides his bike has a set
up that uses a crate that's meant for 8 2 liter soda bottles 2x4, so something
around that size would be great. (Does anyone understand what he means?)
Just remember I love y'all!
Oh! and I did get to finally eat a REAL FLORIDA ORANGE and it
was really good but that orange juice we had in Belize was better. I have a
whole ton at the house I have been eating 1 or 2 a day
Congats Garret! (He made the High School Baseball Team!) and Keep up the good work Sissy!
Stay strong, Push on
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment