I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week 21 In Fort Lauderdale....

This has been an interesting week! I cannot believe that it has gone as quickly as it has, I am sorry that I don't have a lot to say it was slow but quick! Thank you for the packages I will try to send you a better letter about the Zoo that we were able to go to today! It is the BIG ZOO in Miami. 
We had Elder Kopishke(?) come to our mission this week and give the most amazing training. HE CAME WITH NOTHING PREPARED! He had us all write down questions we had in our study note and promised us at the beginning that EVERY ONE of them would be answered by the end of the meeting.... They ALL WERE! I can tell you it was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. The man has an INCREDIBLE mastery of the scriptures and was able to just give reference after reference and they all were EXACTLY what I needed to hear! He did all of this to prove the point that if we come to a training or sacrament with a question then we will get them answered. 
He shared about always feeling the acceptance of the Lord. It has been something that I have been trying so hard to earn, through being obedient and faith and everything. I kept feeling like I was falling short. In his training he made it clear that we cannot earn it, but if we are living and doing our best, then we are given it. That made me look at things completely different and now I truly feel that I am happier. I am feeling the the approval of the Lord and I now understand why that is important. It has helped when I testify because I am not as worried that I might say the wrong thing or I might mess up. In teaching as well, I feel like I am searching less and just being bold (the simple kind, not the LOUDER kind) 
As I have studied in the Book of Mormon, I have realized that that is what made all the Great missionaries so Great! They understood the Lord's love and were trying to share it with as many people as possible especially the Son's of Mosiah. And I realized that is how I want to be!
This week I really feel that I have given the best that I could and now I am excited to see how much more I can give next week!
Anyway I love you guys!


ELDER PARK!


No comments:

Post a Comment