Well my dear family this week has been incredible, and odd. The Large family that we were teaching became duds this week.
But we
were able to baptize an 77 year old Cuban man that loves to ride
bicycles! He really is amazing and quite the funny guy if you can understand
him. In fact, he loves bikes so much that he wanted to ride to the church. Our ward
building is about 5 miles outside our area which made the bike ride was about 8 miles and
so, we all biked together, Elder T*****, Victor (a member friend,
Manuel(investigator) and I. A big old baptismal parade! It was amazing! He is
an incredible man!
This week I learned a lot about food... I learned that you
need to shop for a lot more food in this area. In Blue Lagoon we got more
member food and so normally all I had to buy was cereal or something for
breakfast. Here we need stuff for all the meals... and its much more difficult!
I ran out of normal lunch stuff and ended up eating just eggs for the last few
days. Eggs in the morning, eggs in the afternoon and eggs at night. haha! This week I am hoping to
do better!
And that leads me to bikes, as you know I had some
unfortunate events occur as I began this transfer! not only did my helmet go
whizzing off into high speed traffic (No I wasn't in it, and I sincerely hope
no one else got hurt) (Thank goodness!) but I also lost my axle nut as I was taking off my wheel
to lock up my bike the CTR certified way. So, I had to fix those problems at
a bike shop that is about as nice as a dead skunk. But I had also unfortunately
not taken good care of the bike as I didn't have to ride for 2 transfers so
there was some greasing that needed to take place! and so I felt that I was all
fine and dandy at the start of this week! No problems, a newly tuned bike, ready
to roll! and that's what it was like until, Friday night...We locked up in an
area near an investigator that seemed pretty normal, but then we heard as we
got close to the house "the Jdubs are here again" and all we said
was we aren't Jdubs and went in to teach our lesson. We had a great lesson with
Jamel about the importance of The Book of Mormon and how it is evidence that
the Truth has been restored to the earth and when we left our spirits were High
as could be! Then we got to our bikes... they had tried to cut through our locks, but that didn't work so what did they do? Cut the bike chains and beat up my
derailer. Now we are basically 4 miles from home and no real transportation. Luckily the other Elders were close and they picked us up but we were definitely
not happy! The next morning, we had a move to help with and we were
telling a member about it, he said don't worry he would give us a ride to
the bike shop, he knew one that was closer and cheaper. So, we took our
stuff in and before we knew it, he said to the bike people that he was paying
but had to go. So, he swiped his card and left! He paid for it all! Man was he
amazing! Love that guy. It took forever to take care of my bike, though. I really
wished we had taken Pat's advice and bought a single speed bike. They can't be
broken like mine and the most expensive one I have seen was $400. They are much simpler to fix and take care of. Here in Florida where there are no hills, that's all you need. I don't even use any thing but the top 2 gears and they look
less attractive. People keep trying to do crap to mine!
That's basically what has happened this week and I am
always glad you hear from you guys!
LOVE YOU SLL TONS
ELDER PARK
Tell Brock that I love him! (his friend, who is heading out on his mission next week)
No comments:
Post a Comment