Let me start this email by saying that I am teaching a man
who has been shot, a man who is making a super weapon to bring the troops home,
and 2 sweet families of three in a trailor park! Just thought I would let
you know all that, and the most solid person is the one that got shot. And I
think trailor parks are the most fun places you could possible be! I love this
place, the ward here is incredible! We just had the most incredible stake
conference of all time! Focused on "hastening the work" and WOW is
this ward jumping on it!
Okay family! I am transfering. I am incredibly nervous and
don't have the slightest inkling of an idea of where I am going to end up! It's
really wierd it's almost harder than leaving home! You people, I know I am going
to see again, but who knows if I will see everyone here again in this life, but
I am excited to see more of Florida and meet new people. I know where ever
I get sent it's were the Lord needs me!
This week for the sunday session of Stake conference there
was a broadcast from Orlando to 48 stakes in the south eastern states. Elder Nelson and other area authorities spoke on not only the work of salvation
but on how we ourselves need to gaurd ourselves from the evils of the world. They hit on the importance of obedience to the commandments, marriage and the
Doctorine of Christ. Which is EXACTLY what our investigator family needed! I
can't even begin to tell you how incredible it was. Elder Nelson spoke of the
Docterine of Christ being one Doctoring with many Facets like a Diamond and
that when in the scriptures there is reference to doctorines, those are always
the doctorines of man.
And honestly Mom there's been no such talk around me. Maybe
because I am in an apartment with 4 Utah Elders or maybe it's because recently
there has been a realization in the mission that faith and testimony are seeds, they are grown. Testimony and your faith are NEVER strong enough, we
can never have it all. We all need to continually grow that faith and
testimony, and honestly, I have decided that I won't let things like that even
become an issue. I realized this transfer that my surroundings are what I make
them. I decided that every companion that I have, they are the best companion
EVER and because I decided that I had THE BEST COMPANION EVER! Somos los
Leones! Ensenamos con fuerza, y queremos comer carne! Any who.
Packing has become a nightmare all that stuff that I needed
you to send... now needs a place in my suitcases! BAH!! but I am figuring out a
few tricks, there is one thing that I would REALLY like you to do, that
would be to log on to here and print out all of President Anderson's emails and
put them in a binder of some sort. If you could do that this once, I will print
them out and add them myself. Another thing, don't use sheet protectors, they cost WAY to much money to be continually buying, I have these cool
donut shaped stickers that I put over the hole punches to strengthen them.
The most important thing I have started to do is try to
control my thoughts, I find myself thinking a lot about the family and things
that I used to do and things I wanted to do. Often just random music, I
didn't realize how much that influenced my life. But I realized that those
sorts of things distracted me from my calling and from the work. I have now
decided that I need to really focus... you know how well that works for me. But,
I have realized that there are certain things that I can do to connect
everything that I think back to the gospel or to an investigator and that has
been helping me the most. I also have been inlisting the help of the Lord
in this effort I realized that one thing that I never really did was look at
the now in my life I was always looking at what had happend and what was going
to happen. I realized that is what has held my back from success in my
life. I never connected the now with the future and that was why I always
procrastinated and whatnot. Now I am only looking at what is my next
step here, what do I do now? While I am doing that thing I have started
to forget all about what we need to do later of what happened yesterday or even
our last lesson, I am focused on doing what I am doing and doing it even if I
have to sacrifice. That is what I am trying to do. And... its working... for
the most part but I am doing my best.
For the most part I am not sick anymore, those things
(VooDoo doTerra Lozenges) were more for comfort and for future protection. The more this Voodoo magic
stuff is being done to me the more I am believing in it... he rubbed some
peppermint or something oil on my temple and I had the best sleep of my life...
also when it comes to answering your SUPER IMMPORTANT question, your answer is
who remembers if you dont? jaja
There were just a few thing that I wanted to also ask you to
look into for any special occasions that signify any milestones in a persons
life (Hmmm, is he thinking about his birthday?)... I could use a new set of scripture markers... can't lend the twisty
types to anybody! I need specifically these colors Blue, Green, Purple, Pink,
Red, Orange, and Yellow, nada mas nada menos.
That rainjacket would be INCREDIBLE, it doesn't rain
consistently right now, but it still rains.
I might have mentioned this before but I would really like a
smaller bag. There's one that one Elder has here that's Swiss Gear, it's about
the size of a composition notebook and maybe 3-4 inches thick, But anything
that you think would hold just a set of scriptures, some pamphlets, and some
cards, that would be PREFECT!
Most of all remember that I love you!
TU GRAN HIJO, EL MISIONERO EXTRORDINAIR
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment