I have a testimony in Jesus Christ and in Heavenly Father. I know that they love me so much they established a plan that allows me to return to live with them. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith, I know Heavenly Father restored the gospel through him. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and his love for me. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a living prophet and through him we receive guidance from our Father in Heaven. I know going on my mission is the right thing to do, I want to become a tool in the hands of the Lord. I know that Fort Lauderdale is the place I am supposed to go and the Lord will help me on my path. I know families can be together forever, that I will be able to see my grandmother and other relatives that have passed on when I too leave this world and return to Him.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Park

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week 17 In Fort Lauderdale....

Well Garret tells me there has been some murmuring going on at home... maybe you should all read presidents email this week... haha

I want you all to know that I really am trying to tell you everything that I can about what I do during the week! I try to take pictures, but I can only write and take pictures on P-day, and most of P-day we are trying to get stuff done, we don't have time to be tourists. I try to take pictures, but I can only do it when I am allowed and most of the time when I am allowed there isn't anything to take pictures of, so I apologize.

But this week has been a good week, we have done alot of learning about FAITH, and how to cultivate it and what chapter in the Book of Mormon do you think we read again? ALMA CHAPTER 32!!! woooo! everytime anyone talks about faith thats what we read, and its always the same... or at least that's what I thought. But it all depends on how you look at it and what you try to learn going into it and so when I was given the commitment I decided this time I was going to LEARN form it and so I did! I learned so much more about myself and why I felt I was under-using the tools I had been given. It was because I had planted the seeds, and learned they were good BUT I had not been doing my part on cultivating that seed and growing and nourishing it and so that is what I am doing. What I am going to become. I will become a person that grows big trees, and does hard things, because I can with the LORD. So thats what I learned when it comes to personal study and while it seems small and insignificant and something that I should have already know it was a huge revelation to me on why I felt that I knew so many thing about the gospel and the atonement and missionary work, but I hadn't yet feel them change me. It was because I "knew the seed was good" but I hadn't letten it "take root".

And you know its little things like that that make me realize how lucky I am to be in the FFLM I get to not only learn and be trained on how to teach the gospel or do misionero like things I get to learn and be trained and become someone, I am changing and I am realizing that who I already am is COMPLETLY different than who I was. And it is for the better. I am becoming a disciple of Christ and that is what is making the difference, I am learning that if I want to feel joy and happiness in my life it comes from appling simple true gospel truths to EVERY PART OF MY LIFE. Even just down to my cleanliness, I am realizing how I can have a clearer and purer thought proccess just by making my surroundings cleaner and more organized. and now I feel that that has become who I am.

I have also started to realize that the more faith that I do have the more miracles that can happen in my life. Like Carlos (see my email to President) we just decided to have Faith and believe that we would find a family to teach that would have a real desire to learn and understand the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and BOOM ther IT was! I know that we can MAKE miracles as we have faith this has been an incredible week and I wanted you to know about it.

And I am learning I need to manage my money better and maybe have some MSF saved for emergencies, this month there were some big spends, I had to buy new tags from the office because I thought that I lost one of mine, and then 5 minutes after I had ordered them BOOM there was the one I lost, I had been looking for 2 days! BAH! and othere things that add up, and then I also hadn't been buying the most healthy food, and we hadn't been able to have lunch at the apartment alot and so we had eaten out alot... phew no money! thats why I used my personal card alittle recently... BUT its not happening no more. I am leaving my cards at home and on p day I pull out the cash that I need for the week and then I split it up and whats in my pocket is all I can spend. I am going to budget myself WAY MORE! so... I am learning though.

I thank you for you letters and keeping me updated on the family, I can't beleive how much is going on! Dad's growing up adn learning to be a good sport when he plays games he doesn't like, Leah shooting and LIKING IT, Garret getting all hulked out and what not and of course Mom just sounds like crazy Mom doing more that super woman (remember the more Vitamin C-lestial you take the more you can do... but it only works if you sleep too). The Jerky was amazing too and the other jerky has started to disapate. When it comes down to it if I leave for transfers... I think alot of that crap is staying... I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH JUNK FOOD! but its okay because I share... try to... I share when people ask... and they can't really ask for it if they don't see it or know about it... haha my cuboard is in a secret spot...

Oh and Dad when it comes to transfer info... we hear NOTHING before hand we will find out who is leaving and who is staying on Monday next week, and then where on Wednesday. But we all make predictions, or wishes, I really want to stay here I love the Ward and am learning a ton of spanish here and I hear horror stories of spanish missionaries not learning much spanish because they end up in an area thats not spanish!! I NEED TO LEARN MORE SPANISH!!!

 Any way love you all!

 STAY STRONG!! PUSH ON!!!

 ELDER PARK

 
things I think I might need/ want... just hints.

Barrons Spanish idioms Book

OnGaurd throat lozenges (?)

     these are the happiest things for you throat... but they involve that voodoo    essential oils crap... not sure what to think about them BUT they are better than ANY cough drop get them at doTerra... thats what I hear

A tie rack for my closet

A rain jacket anything not insulated

a Gripperizer those stupid grip strengtheners...

     I want one ever since I fell on my hand in the longboard crash and on my bike its weak and soreish i need to fix that

 

 

any way love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment