Well, where do I even start? Thank you for the package.I got a package from the Leishman's! That was super fun and it really
brought a smile to my face, the candy bar game was awesome, and reminded me
of home! I am sending you a package with some stuff that either I have no
purpose for here and are distracting or that I don't want to throw away, AND THE
THUMB DRIVE WITH PICTURES!!!
Well this week has been fun because they were taking the
District Leaders up to MLC (missionary leadership conference) I went on a part
day exchange with Elder O******* the companion of the other district leader in
our zone and then after that and exchange with Elder L***, let me tell you
those are weird... We sometimes forget that we are on exchange and it feels
like last transfer. But its very fun and I am starting to realize that I hadn't
been taking full advantage of him so now when I get him I do! This week I have
worked on BECOMING!! Don't worry I will explain latter in my letter home.
I
want to tell you how AWESOME you all are:
LEAH!!! you go girl shoot up a storm!
I want to see those crazy groupings you were telling me about! And you better
learn how to play "We need thee every hour" you've got 2 years! Get on
it!
GARRET!!! Rock n' Roll good buddy! If you need another drop rest you can
take the one on my bow and I was going to offer you my arrows but 1. I think I
already did that and 2. I think they are probably too short for you... How tall
are you now? What ever, its ridiculous STAHP!! and I am gymin' it up out here
every morning 30 minute work outs... watch out!
MOM!!! I don't know what IROP is... but good luck and have Fun in St. George it still will not be as warm as
it is here!
DAD!!! Coyote blasting... IT BETTER HAPPEN... and when it comes to
service we HELP EVERYONE. Most of the time its just help bringing groceries in
and sweeping for people, but we offer it to EVERYONE!! We move a lot of people too, that's my
favorite, we just see people moving and help, then we pass out cards... Then
they call and we take them videos and copies of the Book of Mormon. They read
it and tell us its nothing like the Broadway show but they like it and then we
baptize them... at least that's the plan... Normally we don't get to far past
the first part and we haven't made it to that last step with anyone yet, but we
have heard and done the rest!
This week has been a week of personal growth, I have realized more and more in the passing week what it means to be a missionary, and truly I have realized that it is all dependent on broadening President Anderson's vision. I realized that the vision that the Lord has set for me as a missionary is, our purpose, " To invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored Gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.". I realized that everything that I do needs to be more centered on this purpose. I need to align my goals with this purpose and as I do so I can align my actions to help the mission, my zone, my district and my area achieve our goals. The broader I look at things the more I can realize how I can help. And most of that comes from talking with my companion about what he learned at MTC and the exchanges that I have had recently with the Zone-Leaders. I feel that they are really helping me progress myself. They are building me up and I am excited to use their teaching to better myself and my teaching skills. I have made it my goal to learn from others and to apply, study and re-apply the things that they teach me and that I learn from training's. This week I really felt I learned the most from Elder C******, he has really shown me the importance of controlling my thoughts. He himself has been making an effort to do so and in turn has taught me a lot. That's one thing I have noticed about him, when he finds something that he needs to improve, he fiercely attacks it and gives it his all to try to improve and he is constantly trying to improve. He is never satisfied and continually introspecting and that has really made a difference in me.
In the Book of Mormon this week, I studied out scriptures on Faith and Hope to really try to 1. understand the difference and 2. to really improve those attributes in myself. This week at District Training Elder C******* gave us a commitment to do the attribute activity in Preach My Gospel, and that was an Eye opener. I didn't even get through Faith and Hope and I realized that I needed to improve on those 2 attributes so I stopped right there and started with the scriptures that are listed in the activity. I felt them instantly increase, the most important thing I think I learned was about Hope and how I could improve myself and my attitude by having more hope for the future and more hope in myself. That has been a real miracle.
Most of all I want you all to know that I love you and wish
the best for you! I thank you for all that you do and your support. I have SO MUCH CRAP I don't know what to do with it! NO MORE
CANDY and wait awhile on jerky we weighed it and before the deer jerky I have
6 Pounds of jerky... let me eat it in peace! :) I love it!
ELDER PARK the best!!
No comments:
Post a Comment