Hola Familia~
Well first off about Sammi, (Our sweet Yellow Lab, Sammi got very sick last week and we had to let her go. She has been part of our family for 13 years.) we actually had to do some recent research on
this subject for an investigator and what we found that struck me
was that the Lord created all things spiritually before he created them
physically. To me that means that spirit Sammi has been around and with our
family since the beginning and that is a special thing to think about. It really adds to the beauty of the Plan of Salvation to think that even the pets
we had in this life were meant for us and they knew us, I find that to be
amazing. And I will miss her, honestly, I don't remember much before her, she
has been a major part of my life. I thank you for taking care of her in
those last moments. Its rough to know that both those yeahoos won't be there
when I get home.(Bubba, our other Lab, passed away in August, just after Elder Park went in to the CCM.) I want you all to know that everything testifies of the Plan and of Christ. The Lord would not of allowed us to have pets if it didn't some how make us better people. We may not understand all the symbolism now, but we will and they will be so clear and so simple, that is the beauty of the Plan, it's simplicity. I love you and want you to know that I have a strong testimony in the Plan of Salvation. I know that we lived with our Heavenly Father before and I know that we will Live with him again. I know that we will be able to see all our loved ones, that means Grandma and our great grandparents and even Sammi and Bubba and Blacky again. And I agree with that quote, I wanna go with the dogs, too.(If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go when I die!)
This week there has been a whole lot going on! We have had crazy
baptisms this month in the Zone. This week, the mission got 25 baptisms and last
week we had 17, that's 42 baptisms and the goal is 175, so we really need to get
moving. Just my district has had 4 baptisms in this month. That has been
amazing!
We will be able to Skpe on Christmas. I am not sure with who yet. but I know
we will work it all out and I have the information now so ALL WILL BE
GOOD.
I am not sure if in my last letter I sent you a letter for Brother M***** but I am including one in this week's for him. My companion gets packages every
now and then and he always shares because it's all from Alaska. It's never like
banana bread like grandma sent, that was amazing! I will send photos asap maybe
in the Christmas package.
Its crazy to hear about the cold. We were laughing that
it feels funny to think Christmas is so close but we haven't needed even a
blanket. I can't a imagine the cold at all! WOW!
I am going to send in my
letters some copies of a few things so that you can understand the blessings we
give. A few members of the ward have asked about it and I want you to understand
how amazing this is. I will also send stuff for your lesson Dad, I have A TON of
material on Member Missionary Work!
STAY STRONG. PUSH ON
ELDER PARK
ps No, I haven't got the packages yet. I guess you could send Fedex, they prefer
the other way but I haven't heard them say anything about it. My companion and
roommates all strongly say NO don't send less
stuff...(I had asked: Does your Comp's family send packages? How often? Do they sent things for both of you?I am trying to figure out if I am sending too much, too little, should I be sending stuff to share with your Comp and or the other Missionaries in your apt or just for you? Haha! Apparently they all like my care packages!)
No comments:
Post a Comment