Elder Park wrote a little early today, I wasn't quite prepared yet. This is what I got...
Love you even though you forgot today... HAHA I will send
you the president email but you'll have to find out about the week from dad!
HAHA
LOVE YOU MWAH!
ELDERPARK
RUDE!!!
Now for the real email:
Well, first I do not know what time on Christmas I will call. I know that it will be taken care of and that the member that we will be with will be able to email you and tell you when and whatnot, we have to still get it figured out. Second, we had transfer call last night I will be staying in the Miami Blue Lagoon area but Elder L*** will be transferring. I will find out who is my new companion tomorrow! Third, I got the 12 days of Christmas package, the decorations package and the Goods package from grandma! That package was hilarious all I saw when I opened it was caramels and star bursts.
Oh man I am sorry that my letter with all the missionary stuff didn't make it on time! I wrote a whole TON of stuff! I feel terrible! dang! but I expect that the lesson was amazing! I bet the missionaries in that area really appreciate it! I know that I would appreciate a lesson like that in our area!
This week was amazing, and stressful, and fantastic, I can't
even explain. We had next to no time to work this week because of Christmas
conference and training's, companionship studies that needed to be given, and
we had to finish up the 12 week program. But every hour that we were working
was wonderfully and completely efficient, it was hard to pick just one miracle,
because they were all so stacked on top of each other!
One of the miracles is that Sunday was another incredible baptism, we were able to baptize J*****, she was one of the first people that I met here. She really had no interest other than to go to church, she was going one week here another there and there and there or where ever! But then we invited her to general conference! and it changed her! She decided right then to read the Book of Mormon and she read the WHOLE thing in A MONTH! That was incredible, then her only struggle was her husband, he didn't develop a desire yet, but he is understanding that this is important to her and so BOOM she got baptized it was truly amazing! and when she bore her testimony after, all the little Latin ladies in the ward were crying and saying "Que lindo!" (closest thing in Spanish to how beautiful). It was amazing!
Another one of the miracles would have
to be the opportunity that Elder L*** and I had to consistently teach the
S******* family. We were able to teach them every night last week except
Sunday, and they progressed a phenomenal amount. They are a truly incredible family.The S*******'s are going to get married on Saturday the 21st (we pray for Wednesday) and baptized on Sunday the 22nd (again prayers) they have the desire and have committed to those days. I asked if he meant January 21 and 22, NOPE December 21 and 22! Crazy! There is a lot that they have to do between now and then that they haven't really started yet, but they LOVE the gospel and the Plan of Salvation, especially. They are all around amazing! They have this sweet little daughter that had divorce and married mixed up and did not want her mom and dad to be "married".
Basically we have a lot of potentials still this month and we
are hoping as a mission to still reach 175 baptisms this month, we are at 76 so
we need to BAPTIZE'EM!!!
In The Book of Mormon, I have been studying the words of Samuel the Lamanite and the events that lead up to him needing to teach them in such a way, it amazed me at how quickly the Nephites had fallen away! But then I realized how easy it was for me, back at home everytime I was really stuggleing I could turn to the Lord and boom I got help but then soon I was struggling again and I realized that that was a reflection of my personal conversion at the time and that if I am going to be different than that I need to really find a change in my self and I need to make it, I need to completely align my will with the Lords, and give all my heart, might, mind and strength and so that is my goal my vision for myself to give the Lord my all my entire life.
Love you so much and I thought that the gifts idea was
incredibly creative!
LOVE YOU TONS!! STAY STRONG PUSH ON!
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment