Ok, man almighty, has it been an amazing and interesting week!
This week started off slow, we hadn't been having much
success and I was slightly disappointed, but it got amazing on Tuesday when we
met Justo! Our zone leaders Elders A** y S******** and Elder L*** and I
were having an exchange, but just before that we were harvesting until the Zone
Leaders could get there and we could switch, while we were harvesting we
weren't having much success. I had the distinct feeling that we were in the
area for a reason and we decided we needed to go talk to this guy working on
his van. We approached and everything felt right, everything. He welcomed
us warmly and said that we had come at the best moment, he said he had been
asking God for someone to come that he could trust that could show him the way and we showed up. We left the most powerful blessing I had ever felt and it was
amazing! He excitedly asked us back and repeatedly said how perfect this was! That moment really solidified to me how important it is to be persistent
not only to the people you are talking to but also in what you are doing I need
to work work work and continually strive for that next door that next baptism.
Just like Alma the Younger, even after he has done so much good, he still
wants to do more, it amazes me and that's the type of missionary I am going to
become, someone who constantly pushes to do more!
Because
Elder Lamb is District leader he does the Baptisimal Interveiws for the
district and that means that we end up running around most Friday and Saturdays giving interviews! So we have been all over the zone the last little
while! It's been AMAZING there were TONS on baptisms this week unfortunately. We
as a companionship did not have any but, we have a TON for the next two weeks! They kept telling me the last little while that you'll be amazed at what happens
around the holidays, AND I have been AMAZED! This week there was no unfortunate
events this week and nothing out of the missionary ordinary. I'm sending a
letter about one of my investigators he's hilarious!
I feel terrible I ran out
of time on p-day last week to write a letter to sis but I have a gift and a
letter for her already done for this week!
Its so cool
that you guys were able to get a goose! We haven't been able to get out in
years! and I can't believe that grandma and grandpa would like it! They are like
two of the three pickiest people I know Leah being the first! HAHA (wink, wink
smirk at Leah) and I totally forgot that I would be missing out on BEYOND
GLAZED DONUTS for birthday's until I saw that picture! haha! I love
those!
We actually have 2 dinner appointments with 2 different member
families on Thanksgiving! We have been given special permission for that! so
that's SUPER exciting! We don't know much about Christmas yet though! So
I will try and ask around and see how it worked last year! and on the Christmas ideas, all I can think of is MoTab CDs and refills on zebra pens (haha
just joking) really there's not a whole lot I would like. If it is possible, you could send me a hair clippers set... long story it will be in the letter... we
cut each others hair... I look like B**** R******... its ridiculous, I need Kim to send some pointers... I will try to think of some things I might need
and let you know.
Stay Strong, Push On
Elder Park
No comments:
Post a Comment