This has been an interesting week... The lady that we thought we were going to baptise turned out to be a former member that had her records removed, so she was going to have a reinition baptism that wouldn't count, but she decided that she is going to wait until her husband decides to be baptized as well. So there was nothing this week! But we did meet the coolest guy named D***********, the literal translation of his name is like God's Corridors... weird but he is amazing and progressing BEAUTIFULLY and has commited to being baptized next week! Thats what what I find so crazy here! The mission is dedicated to working with the elect and about 84 percent of the baptisms happen withing 2 weeks! Thats FAST! But I love it!
I wasn't super sick so I never went to the doctor, but I did go this week to get my hand checked by the mission nurse. I crashed on my bike trying to shoot some of the narrow spots on the sidewalk! It's intense here, the sidewalks are all 4 feet wide, but they don't get wider when there's a telephone pole that is 2 1/2 feet of side walk in between that and the edge, but then in most places there's a wall on that side, my handle bars are about 2 feet, then on garbage day theres cans in the side walk, and theres always a fire hydrant or bustop sign right near the pole on the other side. None the less just driving on the side walk is more like a video game with the consequences being actually messing up! Most of the time I have been able to ride out of it or not really fall, but this time it was unusually difficult and I was going a little faster than normal and BAM! My handle bars caught and I flipped over the top and landed on my right hand, the same way I broke it a few months ago... so I went to walgreens and bought a brace like the doc told me to wear last time and I hope it will heal, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as last time, so it might not be broken. (hopefully)
Elder L*** has been out here for 10 months, Elder W****** 22 months and Elder U******** 9 and I don't know much about their families other than Elder W******* family is more trunky than he is, Elder L*** as 2 sisters and a brother and Elder U********* sister is on a mission too.
Ask grandpa if he knows a fireman name J**** U*********.
Anyway I love you and think you're all great. Tell EVERYBODY I love them.
PUSH ON STAY STRONG
ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment