Hey Guys!
This is so exciting, so immediately as we got off the plane
we got Huge hugs from the assistants and met President Anderson and his wife. They have an air about them that immediately lets you know that they have been
called of God! I am so thrilled to be working under his direction! They
took us straight to the mission home where we had a good ole, home cooked, American meal of roast beef, carrots, potatoes and gravy, wonderful
homemade rolls and a great salad and more roast beef. Oh man was that good! And
that was the last real meal I have eaten! haha!
After
the meal, we had a brief lesson with the APs and interviews with the President. He is such an inspired man, he knows how to make you excited and calm at the
same moment. Then they sent us to the hotel close by and that's where we
spent our first night. The next morning we went straight to transfer meeting and
that's were I met my companion Elder Lamb! He is AMAZING he has taught me so
much and has made me feel so at home! After we met, we had some training. Here we do this thing called Harvesting, its where we go knocking doors and
leave blessings on peoples homes. It is a practice that is very localized to our
mission and is why we are such a high baptizing mission. Our goal in a month is 175
and this month we got 148. So we were close, but not quite the highest they have
ever been! The first day though we got 8 blessings and that was amazing! I
am so excited to see where the people that we blessed go, I hope that they can
continue to progress and be baptized in the next 2 or 3 weeks. That's how fast this mission goes, most of the baptisms are within 3 weeks of meeting the
person! How cool!
If you send snail mail and packages, make sure to send them USPS Flat Rate, don't use FedEx or UPS. The Flat Rate mail can be forwarded from the Mission Home free of charge, so they can get them to us quicker than waiting for us to go and get it on Transfer Day or Conf, etc.
It's been kinda rough because we haven't had time to shop yet
and so there hasn't been much food at the end of the day or for breakfast. The members feed us for lunch about everyday so that's great! We can only have
dinner with members if an investigator is present because the hours form 4-9
are the prime proselyting times!
I got the Bike and its great! The other Elders are super jealous of it, but I
have to Ugly it up quick, it looks really new and nice and there is a high chance of theft. I think I might get some tape or clay and rub some thing on it, I just
don't want it to get stolen.
Elder Lamb is the Coolest Guy Ever! He's from
ALASKA! Like this is the most opposite state from Alaska! He used to
cross country sky and all kinds of cool stuff!
Its SO great to hear form you
guys and I wish I typed faster so I could tell you more but I'm sending all
kinds of letters!!
Love ELDER PARK
No comments:
Post a Comment